The Double Date

Oi, I haven’t updated… been busy, and then when I actually had time, I was watching Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (Great anime, by the way. Watch it!). But, here we go chapter… what chapter are we on now? Seventeen! The roman numerals are getting confusing.  Also, Spartoi is mentioned in this chapter, and it was a group that was made up of some of the main characters in the manga.  It is supposed to represent the most elite of the academy, and, as far as I know, it was never mentioned in the anime.

Chapter XVII

The school day goes by rather normally, other than Kid being unusually quiet.  “He must be really nervous,” Mirosaki had told you.  “It’s so cute when he’s shy!”  After she said that, you elbowed her in the stomach.  Still, looking at him now, you realize she may be right, about the nervous part anyway.

Stein ends up assigning your class no homework, so lucky you; you can’t use that as an excuse to get out of your “date.”  You’re supposed to meet with Mirosaki, Black*Star, and Kid in the courtyard, so you head there, slowly walking and taking your time.  Upon arriving at the courtyard (twenty minutes later than you’re supposed to) you see the others are already there.

Mirosaki grins at you, and says, “Now, (Your Name) why were you so late?  Were you trying to put off the inevitable?”

“Pfft, me?  Never,” you say, your tone a mixture of sarcasm, teasing, and dryness.  “Okay, maybe a little.  I mean, who wants to go to a restaurant with Blueberry-head?”  Mirosaki opens her mouth, but you interrupt her by saying, “You don’t count.  You’re crazy.”

Mirosaki smiles, and jumps over to Black*Star, grabbing his arm.  “Crazy is the new sexy!” she yells.

“Well, then you’re pretty freakin’ sexy.”  You walk over to Kid.  “Shall we go now?”

He nods, still looking awkward.  Mirosaki and Black*Star take the lead, you and Kid following a few feet behind.  You arrive in the more crowded area of Death City, where the café is located.  Looking to your right, you see Soul and Maka on the other side of the road.  Watching them, you smile to yourself; not paying attention to what else was around you.

Suddenly, your arm is grabbed and you’re pulled back somewhere.  Looking up at the person who grasped you, you see it’s Kid.  “You walked right past the café and almost into the middle of the street.”  He looks concerned, but manages to keep his monotone voice calm.

“Oh,” you say sheepishly.  “Oops.” 

Sighing, but with a small smile on his face, he pulls you into the booth that Mirosaki and Black*Star were already sitting in.  “So, Mirosaki-san, (Your Name), we were thinking about having you guys join Spartoi.”

“FOR SPARTA!!!” Mirosaki yells.  Many people in the café look at her with dumbfounded stares, and one couple even leaves the café.

Black*Star just laughs, and says, “Spartoi is Shibusen’s group of the bestest in the school!  So, of course, I’m in it!”

“Why?  You’re obviously not the ‘bestest’ at grammar.”  Black*Star seems unfazed by your remark and continues.

“I’m the bestest at fighting!  I can even beat Kid!”  When Kid gives him a doubtful look, Black*Star only carries on with his taunts.  “If you think you can take me on, prove it!”

“Do we really have to start this again?  And, for Lord Me’s sake, stop saying ‘bestest.’ ” Kid asks.  Turning back to you and your meister, Kid returns to the earlier subject.  “So, how does joining Spartoi sound?”

“Fun!” says Mirosaki.  Looking at you, she says, “Let’s do it, (Your Name)!”

“Well, as long as it doesn’t mean extra homework…”

“YAY!” Mirosaki and Black*Star scream in unison.

As the afternoon drags on, you feel more comfortable, as though it wasn’t a date as much as just a friend hang-out.  After a few hours, though, Kid receives a phone call.

“Hm?  Stein?  Yeah, they agreed to join….  What!?  We’ll be there immediately.”  He shoves the phone into one of his pockets, and looks back at you and the other two.  “We have to go to Shibusen, now.  It’s a Spartoi meeting, and an emergency, too.”

All four of you jump up and race out the door.  Within what seems like seconds, you’re at the doors of Shibusen, panting and out of breath.  Stein opens the door in front of you, a grim look on his normally deranged face.

“Someone has come, and they claim to want to… negotiate.  Follow me.”  Glancing at each other and exchanges looks, you shrug and follow the professor inside.

Leading you to a room, he opens the large doors.  Standing at the back of the room is a figure all too familiar.

Kid steps forward, a look of surprise and confusion written all across his face.  Opening his mouth, he says only one name.

Eibon?!”

You feel yourself backing up, away from the figure.  Opening your mouth, you say only one name.

Father?!”

Q&A Time, with Hatsuye-Senpai!

“What made you start watching SE?” –Tiamacat

Well, I have really always preferred manga over anime (just barely though) and when I saw that someone I had recently met was carrying around a manga book, I asked about it.  And, of course, it was Soul Eater.  She leant me the first few books, and I really got into it.  I mean, how could I not?  It’s freaking Soul Eater.

“Who is your favorite Soul Eater character?” – Lissalooty

That would have to be Kid :)  But, close runner-ups are Stein, Crona, Patty and, surprisingly enough, Black*Star.

Keep sending in questions!