Wandering on the Streets

Chapter I

             “Holy crap, (Your Name)!  I found a penny!” Mirosaki yells at you, leaning over to pick up her new-found prize.  Her black braided hair falls from the right side of her head where it was pinned.

                You look at your meister and sigh.  Mirosaki is about four months younger than you and less mature, however she is taller, and way freaking stronger (you’re actually pretty strong, but once Mirosaki got pissed and knocked someone out with a teacup).  She looks scrawny and fragile, until she gets pissed and gets her hands on… well… a teacup.

                You and Mirosaki are walking back to your apartment after a well-deserved dinner out.  It’s dark, around 9:00 P.M. at the end of summer, and you want to hit the sack early.  Summer break will be over soon, you think.  How much longer?  Two days?  Then Miro-chan and I will need to find a school.  Shibusen, the school you had planned to attend, had closed registration the day before you arrived in Death City, which was not that surprising, considering your crappy luck.

                Some noise comes from an alley, and as you turn that way (it’s the only route home) you see someone in the shadows.  Something didn’t seem right, and you knew that what you were looking at was a Kishin.  It sees you, and begins to approach.

                “Miro-chan?” you say, preparing for conflict.

                She smiles.  “Ready when you are, (Your Name)-chan.”  Always ready for a fight, your black-haired friend is.

                “Looks like we’re fighting a sword-based weapon.  Mid-ranged.”

                “Then we’ll take the advantage by going long-ranged. (Your Name), Third Elemental form: Ice Spear mode.”

                “Right,” you say, taking on your third elemental weapon.  You turn a light blue and warp, flying into the air.  You land in Mirosaki’s hands, a sleek and flawless spear with light blue tints.  She twirls you around effortlessly, your weapon form glinting in the laughing moon’s light.

                It comes at you, the Kishin, that is, and Mirosaki stands her ground, glaring with her near-black eyes.  Then, at the last second, she moves out of its path and trips it with the butt of her weapon, a.k.a. you.

                The Kishin recuperates, and then runs at you again, its arm turning to a sword.  But you have the advantage of distance.  Mirosaki runs back at the Kishin, then jumps over it, turns, and stabs you into the Kishin’s back.  Any liquids that came out of it froze, as with all who feel the effects of the Ice Spear.

                “Lovely,” you say, feeling the Kishin’s flesh squirm then freeze around you.

                But the Kishin isn’t dead yet.  It turns and swings its sword arm at Mirosaki, who jumps back.  It comes at her again, but this time, instead of dodging, she blocks with you and kicks low.  This Kishin was probably male before it became an unrecognizable beast, and it seems to have retained some of its sensitive nerves.  It falls over, wrought with pain, and Mirosaki finishes the job.

                As the Kishin’s soul is released, you turn back to human form to claim your reward.

“So, (Your Name)-chan,” Mirosaki says.  “This is our first Kishin egg soul.  Not our first fight, just our first soul.”  But as you reach out for the soul, you hear footsteps from behind you.

                “Hold it,” a voice calls, sounding like a teenage male, from what you could tell.  You turn to see a boy covered by shadows, and all you could make out were two shining weapons in his hands, and something off about his hair.

A/N  Just want to mention this takes place after the Kishin fight from the manga.  This is important because there are major differences in the anime and manga, so ask questions if you don't understand what's happening.  In case you're unfamiliar with it, Shibusen  is the DWMA in Japanese.  Also, I only own Mirosaki and this storyline.  You, Death the Kid, Soul Eater, and everything else is not mine.