CHAPTER 11

We stand outside the lab, the cold air causing the rest of the rest of the squads loose untied strands to wave with the cold breeze in the dim sky light, my ebony hair just stayed still and almost acts as a hat keeping all the warmth. The sun just barely Visible in the horizon, we all spray Hannah's formulated Wolf Cologne, it kinda smells like dog shit but that managed to hide our sent and walk at least 30 feet from them, considering they have super bad vision, i cant say the same about the vampires, our evil genius has been working on a thousand of unfinished projects, like her vampire paralysis odour but she hasn't had any luck in that.

As soon as she gives us the all clear and gestures at us to follow her we do so with caution, we were heading towards the car left to the other side of the street, bringing alone empty heavy duty  hiking bags to gather mostly tinned food in them, we try to avoid any meat as we do not know if it is contaminated, sure enough the smell of rotten meat and death fill the streets.

Vampires and werewolves now hunting each other down for food. Bones scattered all over as if they were Christmas ornaments, and red blood coating the streets as though it were snow, a privilege we have never gotten to experience in South Africa.
the awful stench turning our stomachs and the food we ate wanting to make a reappearance, we cover our noses,      

We make it to one of the grocery shops and start ravaging through everything, checking expiree dates and most of the canned goods are close to their due dates, i grab seeds from the garden isle picking only consumable stuff, like tomatoes seeds and store them in the side pockets of my bag, i grab a large kitchen knives  from the kitchen isle and  Fire lighter, flash lights new batteries and a couple of cold drinks, and bottled water.

I remember growing up and wishing everything was free cause my mom usually complained about not having enough money to get everything i wanted, i was only allowed to only a single item. But this isn't how i expected it to be.
I was brought back to reality by a bang on the other end of the store and there i saw Jake battling to fight of the werewolf, he stabbed everywhere but it just wouldn't die, I jumped from the back, my heart thumping as though it was going to pop out my chest, i felt a deep gut feeling, the type you feel when your about to do something very stupid.

I lend one of the large knives i just found on the back of the neck and it stops inches away from Jake's neck, his sweat and tears forming a puddle around him as he shut his eyes as tight as he could hoping the Wolf disappears, he frantically moves around, struggles and the wolf doesn't seem to get a drip on him, although getting weaker by every struggle and its blood dripping on Jack it fights on, Hannah runs towards it screaming and as it stops to look her way, she cuts the neck clean off with the scythe she found in the garden isle.

"am i dead yet" Jake cries on with his eyes closed as tightly as he could

"you will be if you don't get up and move'' Kaitlin mocks him

I am the last one to exit the shop as i remain behind pulling out my knife, and notice how large they have evolved and how much effort it took to kill it.

We head for the car and lead off  towards the N3 in search for the hide out.....

The last survivers