CHAPTER 6

We stumble upon a black Porsche cayenne turbo with red accents and I giggle alone, both girls role their eyes and as if reading each others minds, laugh and shout out "boys". "well even though there is one..who is kinda girly if you ask me"says Jess as she laughs...

We quickly load up our supplies and we head off... "Where to next" Hannah asks. "What if we head to Durban?" Jess suggests. "We just came from there" I say looking at her through the rear view mirror, "but I think I know someone who might have figured out a cure" and silence grows within the car..."A cure???! Durban it is then" says Hannah and quickly we change courses, "Hey guys...don't you find it weird how we haven't encountered a single werewolf here?" Says the girl, "who are you again?" Hannah asks

"Ohhhh sorry, I'm Kaitlin" the young girl says...
"Well Kaitlin yeah your right"Hannah says
We drive straight to Durban and head to South Beach where the person who knows the cure is said to be.

After a couple of hours on the road we arrive

"What on earth happened here?!" Jess exclaims.
"No!, This can't be! It wasn't like this when we left this place!" Hannah looks at the destruction left behind by the monsters. Not too long after our arrival.
Howls fill the air and we all run towards Ushaka marine world, we hurdle towards the Tobacco shop with the door wide open.
"I don't think we should go in there "Hannah exclaims.
"I don't think we have a choice" I reply, Hannah, with her guard off the roof pulls out two of the curved tip knives, it's blade stained in vampire blood,she got closer and her nerdy glasses reflect on the sunlight and it beamed into the eerie dark room causing a shadowy figure to move towards us. And Rose doesn't hesitate. She throws a knife towards the direction of. Movement and a thud is the last thing we hear .
we scan the walls with our hand's for a light switch.

It's a werewolf...but this time. bigger, and muscular, eyes are a piercing emerald green and teeth the size of one of the blades Hannah wields in Hand.
"they got bigger?" Hannah asked in fear.
"no they evolved" an unknown voice from behind us utters,
we all turn and stand in our defensive positions, which weren't more then us shakily grasping our weapons, but I realised that clumsy voice from anywhere, it's Jake, "BROOOO!! HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE!" I say excitedly
"Yeah I'm happy your not dead too" he rolls hid dark chocolate coloured eyes and laughs sarcastically

As we proceed along the search for the cure it started to get dark. We decide on driving to a near by hotel, I'm pretty sure it's safe enough to go into, at least for one night. We venture towards the highly secured door,

All five of us force the door open . And after a while...it budges and we all fall forward Inside the hotel, we quickly stumble up on our feet and bring out our weapons... All except Jake. We all looked and asked where his weapon was at to which he replied with "I don't have one"

Hannah started to look at him defensively "how did you survive a whole month and how did you know so much about the monsters?!"
Her words mirror our thoughts... "the cure"Jake states and we lower our weapons.

"You know where it is!?" Jess exclaims excitedly
"I had it but it doesn't work on the infected anymore, they have evolved so much that it has no effect on them but if consumed by a human it will prevent them from turning. Well as long as the monsters don't evolved further" to his words we all shriek I'm fear.

Then a noise from behind causes Hannah to turn and throw her knife towards the sound.
"OUCH YOU FOOL!!THAT HURTS!!" And it's a man's voice... part of me is happy I'm not the only guy that survived but after the look he gave Jess I wished Hannah struck his heart with the blade.

*AUTHOR'S NOTE*

Hey guys.

I hope your enjoying the book.
Please let me know what you think and maybe drop some of your own concerns or state out errors you have seen on the book on the comments section. Like and vote pleeeeasee

Thanks❤️✌️