Part Twenty Seven

We finished eating, and he left me waiting by the fountain while he went to the front desk to get a key card.

For the first time since we met, he was smiling when he walked back up to me.  "I'll show you around the theatre first." He once again put his hand on the small of my back, then guided me to the grand staircase.  When we got to the top, there were several double doors, and he opened one and led me inside. 

I must have gasped when he turned on the lights, because his smile got much wider.  I looked around in amazement at the red velvet curtain, the many rows of seats, and even the balconies.

"Blaine, this is..my God, this is so beautiful." I looked around and still can't believe this man built everything for his sister.

I turned to see a smiling man.  "What do people see here?"

"Many things. Right now, it's Oprah."

"Cassidy liked Oprah?" I asked in disbelief.

"She loved it all.  Oprah, Broadway, anything that had a stage." He stood with his hands in his pockets.

"Let me show you the ballroom." He turned out the lights, and we walked up a half flight of stairs to another bunch of double doors where he used the key card to enter.  Once again, he opened one of them, and I stepped inside.  It's beautiful, with cathedral ceilings, marble floors, and many tables in the back with white tablecloths.

"It's beautiful! Is it used often?" I asked as I walked around and looked at the art on the walls. 

"Nearly every weekend." He answered as he followed me.

"I can't imagine Cassidy enjoying these dances." I said.

"Cassidy loved being the center of attention and attended every ball." He said.

"She wanted no attention in Seattle," I said, then I spotted it and slowly walked over.  I felt my fingers rise to my lips.

"Lisa." I whispered as I looked at a beautiful painting of her in a gown. When I turned back around, he was facing the other direction.

"Blaine?" He raised his hand, and I walked around and saw him wipe a tear from his eye. A piercing pain shot through my chest.

"Blaine, I'm so sorry." I put my hand on his arm.  He straightened his posture and tried to make it look like he wasn't about to lose it.

"I'm fine, I have more to show you." He said, then led me out of the ballroom and to a set of elevators.  For this he needed a key, which I thought was strange.

"What's next?" I asked.

"I have some old pictures at my place." He looked down at the floor.

"You live here?" I am surprised.

"I have the top two floors." He said.

"Wow, it must be huge!" I paused.  "No, that was not a Fruedian slip!"

He actually laughed.

"Oh my God, you're laughing!" I made the statue laugh and it was about that?

He shook his head.  "You should have seen your face, priceless!"

I shook my head.  "I knew as soon as it came out of my mouth, but I sure didn't think you'd laugh!"

He didn't get a chance to respond before the elevator doors opened, and he once again guided me by the small of my back into a large hallway that held a large round table with fresh flowers.  Again, more marble floors greeted my shoes as we walked past the table, then he opened another set of double doors, these were painted white. 

When he opened them, I gasped again at what I saw. 

"Blaine, this is gorgeous! Did you design your home?"

One wall was all windows that looked out over New York, then another large white set of stairs to my right.  To my left, was an open room with a grand piano.

"Well, my designer and Architect did, but I gave approvals." He smiled as he walked in and set his keys down on a table.

"Well, do I get a tour of this too?" I asked.

"Sure."

To the left, a hallway took me to the most beautiful kitchen I have ever seen.  There is even a stone fireplace, beautiful table and chairs that offered breakfast with a view of the city, a large island, and every modern and expensive appliance. 

Past that was a dining room, then the library, next was what he referred to as his, "casual living room."

"What's upstairs?" I asked.

"Come, I'll show you."

We walked up the steps and found another set of double doors, but they were open. 

"Your bedroom?" I asked, and he reached in and shut the doors and looked uncomfortable.

'Yes."

Okay, we will leave it at that I guess.

"You know I don't bite, right?" I asked.

He looked at me. "Oh good, I've been worried." He smiled.  "Here's my gym." He opened the double doors.

"All this for one person?" It looked like the L.A. Fitness back home, except he doesn't have to pay for a membership.

"Your home is amazing." I said.

"This isn't all, up for one more floor?" He asked. 

"Sure." I said.

He opened a door, and it was a tiny room.

"Umm.."

"Step in." He said, and that's when I realized it's an elevator. 

"Oh." I snorted when I laughed. 

"You did not just snort." He said.

I laughed.  "I thought it was another room."

The doors opened, and he gestured for me to walk out first.  Just when I think I've seen it all, he blows my mind away.  We are on the roof, and I'm looking at a garden, swimming pool, and a  outdoor kitchen and gazebo with lounging furniture.

"Blaine, this is..breathtaking. You have blown my mind, today.  This entire building and everything inside, you thought all of this up?" I turned to him.

"Well, a certain girl inspired me." He said.

"You were close with your sister, I'm so sorry Blaine." He gestured for me to walk to the gazebo, so we walked together.

"I have another sister, Isabella..."

I cracked up laughing.

"What is so funny?" He asked.

I tried to calm myself.

"Did Cassie get along well with her sister?"

He shook his head.  "Oil and water." He smirked.  "Why?"

"I took in a rescue dog right before I left Gr..." I cleared my throat. "Right before I moved in with Cassidy."

"She hates dogs." He said with a funny smirk.

I nodded. "Well, she named her Isabella. She just started calling her that when I was deciding on a name, so Izzy stuck."

He chuckled.  "We aren't an animal loving family."

"No, she said she didn't like Izzy, but she spoiled her, and Izzy has been homesick for her since we left.  She would always say, "damn dog," but then I would catch her sneaking treats and Izzy always wanted to sleep in her bed at night."

He is still laughing.