5- Parties & Amnesia Don't Mix

"Often, I am upset. That I can not fall in love but I guess, that's the point and stress of falling out of it."

Niviah's pov

School was actually quite great because I got so many praises about dating a hero. Everyone were talking about how my boyfriend, Jonah Maverick saved a little rabbit from dying.

Ugh, Tobias Mcvay! I can't stand him. When he had his little "accident" everyone ran up to him and asked if he was okay. That's the day he became the little rabbit. Even Jonah was concerned about him for a week! I don't understand why.

He'd never even mentioned the nobody. From the corner of my eye I seen Jonah watching him go sit down. It's sooo frustrating!

So I decided to get his attention to focus back on me. "Jonah baby." I watched as he forcefully tore his gaze away from Tobias. "Yes?" "I was wondering if you would be coming to my party?"

I said with my famous smile. He stared at me blinking until his eyebrow rose in silent question. "Mr and Mrs are away?" My grin only widen. "Yep!" I replied while laying my head on his bicep. I also caught Tobias staring. When he realized I was looking at him, he quickly looked away.

But there was something behind his stare. Something....knowing. It disturbed me. In fact to be honest, everything about him, disturbed me.

***

Tobias pov

While walking to my class, I saw Grayson Dallas standing by his locker. I wanted to go say hi, in fact I almost did when Chad Donovan walked up to him. I watched silently as they exchanged a few heated words then Chad dragged him away by his hair.

I think me and Grayson exchanged glances. But he didn't react. I almost fell to the ground from shock and panic. I didn't know if I should tell or keep quiet. I have enough problems of my own.

I had to get out of there before someone find me. I knew me Grayson had some understanding about our "situations" but, there were a few minor differences.
He had a constant bully that he lived with.

I...well I kinda live with mines now.
There was a rumor about Grayson going through some rough shit. Which is why it peaked my interest of getting to know him.

I talked to Harper about this, she told me I had a hero complex, and that I shouldn't try to get involved in some mess similar to my own; that I couldn't even handle.

That's probably why I stood rooted to my spot and didn't tell anyone. I carried my things out to the courtyard for lunch. I don't eat and Harper complains about it a lot. I just sat there reading my comic.

"So, gonna tell me why Jonah Maverick helped you?" The sound of his name was enough to get my attention. I snapped my head at her which I'm glad didn't give me whiplash. I saw her wince in sympathy.

"I don't know." Was my reply. I didn't. I truly didn't. "That's interesting..." She mumbled. I was about to return back to my comic when she spoke again.
This time with enthusiasm and excitement.

"Let's get you ready for your first party!" She said with gleaming eyes. "Come on, Harp. You know I don't like parties!" "Which is exactly why, you're going to this one tonight, you little introvert!"