Day Twenty-Two: Sleigh Ride

Regardless of their wedding being the next day, Loki and Tony treated it as any other day. She made breakfast for everyone in the morning which consisted of her signature homemade waffles with a strawberry syrup (also homemade) and a few blueberries in decoration--and powered sugar for Tony, Peter, Bucky, Sam, and Thor. Everyone ate around the table and chatted about what their plans consisted of for the day. After breakfast, everyone dispersed and went about their business. Bruce made a big pot of soup for lunch and then, after eating, everyone left again.

Around four-thirty was when everyone made their way into the living room where Loki and Tony were watching a rerun of their favorite show together, arms and legs tangled together, and stood in front of them. It took a minute before Tony managed to turn the television off (not after Thor had to step aside so he could get it done) and their undivided attention was on the team. Everyone glanced around at each other before Peter took a step forward, rubbing his hands together.

"So after Thor's mouth got sewn shut on the thirteenth, they all came to the conclusion that they never gave you a proper apology as to how they treated you when you kinda wanted to, um, take over New York." Loki let out a small laugh. "Nor did they really stop to think about how far we've all come since then." Tony and Loki exchanged a look before they both raised an eyebrow. "They wanted to do something special for you, Mom, being as it is the Christmas season and tomorrow is your wedding day. I came up with-" Thor cleared his throat. Peter glanced to him and raised an eyebrow. "I came up with," he continued which earned an eye roll from Thor, "the perfect idea."

"Which is?" Loki drew out, now sitting on the edge of the couch, her elbows digging into her knees.

"The two of you go out on a romantic sleigh ride!" Peter cheered. Loki glanced to Tony who had a small smile on his face before smirking at Peter and the team. "We figured it would be a nice date night before your wedding and a way to relax before tomorrow's hectic activities." Peter continued to wring his hands and started to rock on the balls of his feet while he waited for them to say something.

"Peter," Loki started, "that sounds like a wonderful idea. Thank you." She then looked behind her at the rest of the team. "Thank you everyone, but such a grand gesture was unnecessary. Truly. All of you have made me feel more at home here than I ever felt in Asgard."

Steve approached her, shoving his hands into his pockets. "Loki. It really is necessary. We've been living together for almost three years and no one's stopped to think about how our actions could've affected you. How many times have you been muzzled just because no one wanted to listen to your silver tongue?" 

Loki's fingers carefully made their way to her lips. "Too many to count," she admitted in barely above a whisper. "Any time I acted up when I was a child." Thor frowned and kicked at the floor by his feet.

"And then we put it on you before we sent you back to Asgard where we didn't know what sort of punishment awaited for you once you got there."

"I was thrown into a prison cell." Tony grabbed her hand and held it tightly. She glanced to him before giving him a small smile.

"Right," Steve agreed, quieter than before. "We're really sorry Loki."

She shook her head, brushing him off. "Please, there's no need for an apology. We've all done things we regret." Steve offered her his hand which she accepted; he then pulled her up and close to him so he could offer her a hug. "Steve, really, all of this is unnecessary, though I do appreciate the kind gesture." They pulled away but not before Steve awkwardly patted her back.

He cleared his throat before saying, "Well. The sleigh ride should be waiting outside whenever you two are ready. I suggest wearing warm clothes; they never specified where they'd be taking you." Peter and Thor smirked.