Chapter One

Author's note: Hello guys! I used to love this show when I was a kid. It was the kind of show that I had to switch channels when my parents showed up on the living room because they found it too disturbing... and frankly, that is one of the best things about it hahaha

I recently watched the movie Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus and it was so nostalgic. I really loved it.
As a kid I never imagined Dib and Zim together, but watching it as an adult made me think what they actually mean to each other, and being a fujoshi by heart, I couldn't help myself hahahaha
I plan this to be a short story and for the first time EVER in my stories, there will be no Mature content. Also won't be that elaborate as usual, I kind of wrote it just for some light fun.
Enjoy!!

________________________________________________________________________________

"Zim!!! You won't get away with it this time!!" Dib screamed dramatically as he ran after Zim, who was carrying a dog under his arm

Eventually, after running for multiple blocks, Zim's robot managed to make Dib trip and fall. And when Dib raised again, Zim was gone.

In the following weeks after the almost invasion, Dib was trying his best to capture the alien or expose him, believing that all the weird events could finally trigger some sense on the human race. This was the time that showing an alien could actually be seen as the truth. But Zim was going more low profile recently, that dog was the only thing he had done since then. And to be honest to himself, Dib was growing tired of his hunt.

The human went home to do his homework and play some video games with his sister Gaz, feeling sorry for that lap dog all the way. He had a certain thing for pets, didn't like to think maybe Zim could be making him suffer.

"What happened to your pants?" Gaz asked when they were sitting on the couch after dinner

When Dib looked, there was a small stain of blood on his knee. Wasn't hurting or anything, maybe he scratched it on his fall while he was chasing Zim.

"Oh, nothing. Didn't even notice. I'll clean it up" he said getting up from the couch

Once again he found himself thinking about the little dog and the horrible things Zim could be doing to him. That green bastard had no limits on his bizarre experiments. He really fought with Zim about it before he ran after him, didn't hide how much it was upsetting to hurt such a small animal. The truth is that Dib liked that dog in particular. It would always come to him after class and give him company for a couple of blocks on his way home. Sometimes he would bring him a treat or something.

The bathroom was at the end of the corridor, so when Dib passed his bedroom on his way there, he observed there was something on his desk by the window. He entered carefully inside the bedroom, paranoid as always. As he got closer, he saw a note under a book that wasn't there before. It was one of his books, it was just there to hold the note in place.

I didn't hurt him. I left it on your backyard by the three. Unleash it later.

"What the -?" Dib said out loud to himself

Dib looked outside the window to find the dog on his backyard, there was a leash on him and it was tight to the three. He threw a pen he had close on the direction of the three to see if there was a trap or something, but no alien lasers attacked the pen, it just landed close to the dog.

Dib ran downstairs to see the dog and it waved its tail to him. He never bothered to think about adopting the dog but now it seemed like a good time to try his chances by asking his dad.

Meanwhile, Zim was observing the scene sitting on his chair in the underground lab. He left a small camera on the three. His objective was to indeed dissect the dog but something about the way Dib tried to stop him made him change his mind.

Zim spent his evening thinking about the whole thing. He even got another dog to dissect later, doing the procedure like it was nothing. But still, he couldn't bring himself to do that to Dib's dog.

Since the time he placed Earth on his species route to invasion, he had been feeling different about a couple of things. For a start, he didn't feel comfortable betraying Dib on that occasion, only that it was too perfect to let it go. He remembers Dib's expression when he revealed his own plan and it was somehow painful to know Dib was counting on him that one time.

Next day in school Zim was getting his stupid human books for ridiculously primitive math - according to him - when he saw Dib standing some lockers away. He seemed uncertain about getting closer but did it anyway in a slow careful way.

"Uh... Zim?" He started

"Yes, Dib?" Zim tried to say with indifference

"Thank you for not harming Vortex" Dib said quickly

"So it has a name now" Zim said narrowing his big eyes

"Yeah, my dad let me keep it" He said smiling a little

"You're welcome. I think some mutual respect could suit us well. You never harmed GIR" Zim pointed out

During the first class of the day, the teacher returned them some corrected tests. Zim could swear he saw her growling at Dib while she gave him his Biology test. He looked upset and maybe he muttered something in the lines of "My dad is going to kill me".

"Alright class, since this test was easy," she said looking at some students that had gotten bad scores, " Students with a C or less will be mentored by the other students with higher scores until the next biology test. I won't lose my time trying to teach you anything twice" she continued

She wrote names on pieces of paper and sorted them until every student had a pair. Zim and Dib exchanged looks when they were assigned together. The entire class was expecting a little show, but nothing really happened.

"And I thought you were a little genius, just like you father," Zim said with his characteristic voice

"Come on it was Botanics, who cares about plants? And this test is from before the invasion, I wasn't studying back then" Dib answered him in an irritated manner

"I would help you Dib, but I also couldn't care less about your tedious native plants" Zim said as they left school

"How did you get a good score then?" He asked

"I cheated" Zim answered simply

"Hey!"

"You would also cheat if you had this extremely technological thing attached to you back" Zim said pointing at his back

"Wait so it's not a backpack?"

"It is, but it connects directly underneath my skin, that's why I can control it with my nervous system" Zim said with naturality

Dib hated to admit, but he was actually having a nice time talking to Zim for a couple of blocks on their way home. When Dib got closer to his own house, Vortex showed up and greeted him.

"What is this all about?" Dib asked himself seeing the dog Zim had spared