Chapter Twenty-one ... The Woodlands

Start from the beginning

The ground was wet, and puddles of water were splashed here and there. This part of the Woodland had no bugs, just the night air whistling, and the sounds of distant howls. Looking around tears blurred my vision, I could hear multiple loud howls in the distance. In the shadow of the full moon, I felt my legs vanish, and I fell to my knees. I hadn't noticed I was naked, not until my knees hit the ground, splashing into a rather big puddle.

My throat grew sore as I fought the need to sob, it was a fight I quickly lost. Pathetic sounds ripped itself free from my throat, and a wail followed. I cried out asking why; screaming at the moon, asking Luna to take it back. I begged her, scream, pleading for her to hear me. I knew she could hear me, I had faith and my faith wouldn't let me stop praying, even as it felt like I couldn't breathe.

(Why should I ?) A voice asked.

I looked up expecting to see someone, but there was no one, just a strong presence. (Why should I let you go back to your mate? You rejected my gift, why should I give it back to you ?) The deep feminine voice asked. I wiped my eyes keeping them on the bright full moon. "I need to make it right, I want to be forgiven. And I was close, I know I was close... I need another chance, please Luna, please." I implored her.

(Will you love him? Treat him better than you treat yourself? Will you honor him as your mate, the part of you that makes your soul whole? Will you provide for him in all things? ) She asked, and I nodded along to every question. "I promise, I swear it on my Alphahood. I will never forgive myself for my insanity, I don't deserve forgiveness, but please have mercy on me." I cried.

(Perhaps you have changed, perhaps you have grown. I knew the day of your birth when I created your wolf and Lucas's, I knew there was a chance you'd take this road. I am proud to see you choose the correct crossing, I am proud to send you home ) At her words I literally jumped for joy, I had to catch myself, and remember I was in the presence of my goddess.

( But first... You aren't dead, I simply allowed Falken to rest. I will return him to your body when I wake you up. You've been asleep for quite a while. Lucas is... Well you'll find out ) She chuckled, and I went to ask her what she meant. What she meant about Lucas, but as soon as I thought about asking, I was suddenly falling. Falling hard and fast.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

POV

Lucas

He wouldn't wake up, two months, and two weeks

He wouldn't wake up, two months, and two weeks. The pack doctors keep saying he's physically fine, but if that were the case wouldn't he be awake? I bathed and dressed him every day, why won't he wake up... I kept asking myself that question. I'm four months pregnant, he hasn't seen any of the pup's growth, two months more and he'd miss the birth. I've haven't spent more than three hours away from his bedside.