Chapter Fifteen... Blood Aconite

POV
Lucas

The fights were finishing up, it was the last fights

The fights were finishing up, it was the last fights. Six adults, six teenagers, and six pups. Stone Sr and Jr were still in the fights, even Soren was still hanging on.

I couldn't stop thinking about what I heard. My child was far too serious about Soren, I found it nerve-racking, and I would not allow Stone to seek out Miro.

But knowing I had no power to stop him, is what worried me the most. If he was right, finding Miro would be the only way he would escape becoming a hallowed wolf.

But if he was wrong, he would cost someone else a mate, he would basically kill his wolf, the wolf Falken, and Jazeth made.

And bring into the world, what Mya said the people of Adornia ( Bountiful lands) call, the beast of eine. (Hell)

I silently said a prayer, begging Luna for an answer. My heart stopped when the final fighters in the pup age group were called.

My son and Soren, the crowd was divided, most were chanting "Little fire!"

The name was given to Soren after his fifth fight, where he repeatedly headbutted Marcus's little brother until the ref called the fight.

The other half were rooting for Stone, we all watched, it was a first for Soren. Soren looking Stone square in his eye, he was prepared to fight.

"You two have both fought with great strength, your pack should be truly proud!" The ref called, and Stone Sr howled, causing every Brickstone wolf to respond.

When the ref stepped back, preparing to start the fight, Stone Jr stepped towards Soren and took to his knees, his head bowed. One palm facing down in the sand and the other in a fist.

"Get up Stone, I don't want your pity, or protection or whatever you think your doing. Fight me!" Soren snapped.

"You know I won't. You won, you were great and I'm proud to be your best friend." Stone said, but I knew what he meant by a best friend so I frowned.

My frown, became a scowl when Soren walked over to Stone and went to his knees, bearing his neck.

The crowd was silent, the deafening silence broken by the Ref, he called the fight and raised Soren's hand. Then we watched the walk-off.

"Weird kids." The ref said, with mutterings of agreement from the crowd.

Stone Sr, of course, won his fight, and the winner for the teen's category was A'mosh, the future Alpha for the Devil's Wolves.

As soon as the fights were finished there was a midnight feast, but I went to find Arthur and Cheyenne.

They were with Soren and little Stone, as I approached them, Stone Sr was also coming over, a healing bruise on his cheek. I rolled my eyes at the thought Jazeth had, she thought it made the human look sexy.