Discorporated - Aziraphale

Aziraphale, not usually being the type to swear, bit his tongue hard and managed to stifle the expletive that was about to come rumbling from his mouth. 

You were out buying flour and eggs, intending on making pancakes for the two of you later, so Aziraphale was left at the bookshop alone. He was contacting a 'higher authority' (something about Gabriel being mean) when a sudden collapse of books startled him and sent him toppling over. His clumsy attempt to regain his footing sent him straight into the circle. He had discorporated... again...

When you returned, the circle had powered itself down so the only evidence left pointing to Aziraphale's whereabouts was the toppled books. You knew that the angel would never have left a pile of his precious books in such a state of disarray so when you called out his name and he didn't answer, you became a little concerned. You paced down your shopping bag and walked back outside, breathing in the cool evening air as you scoured both up and down the mellow street. The sun had started to set, casting an ethereal golden hue across the pavements but it all seemed a little less angelic without the angel there with you. On stepping back inside, you called out his name again, panicking slightly this time;

"Aziraphale?... where in heaven's name are you my dear?!"

There was a strange lucid noise from behind you and as you turned, you sighed, taking in the sight of Aziraphale's discorporated form.

"Again?..." you sighed through a smile, "This is the third time in the last six months! you really should be more careful..."

Aziraphale smiled, embarrassed and pressed his lips together in the cute little way he always did when someone was staring at him. He looked down at the floor in shame, shaking his head from side to side.

"I don't even have a body to inhabit until I get the energy back to regenerate mine... I usually use Crowley, but he's taking a holiday to Alpha Centauri at the moment isn't he?"

For a moment, you fiddled with your fingers and stared at the floor, toying with the idea in your head, trying to decide whether it would be stupid to suggest or not... Aziraphale (or what was left of him) noticed this and questioned you;

"what is it my dear? are you quite alright? you seem troubled..." His eyes widened and brow furrowed with concern, wondering what on earth must be crossing your mind.

"You could... If you wanted... Use mine for a while?... Sorry! That's a stupid idea, how silly of me, I just-"

"That would work" Aziraphale cut you off, concealing a grin that so dearly wanted to bloom across his face.

"You mean, you'd want to?..."

"Well, It's a body isn't it? I'll only need it for a few hours"

"Well, by all means, be my guest" you smiled, preparing yourself. You had no idea what it would feel like, and once it actually happened, you had no idea how to describe it. The closest thing you could think of was the sensation of drinking sparkling water, but all over your body. Your ears, eyes, hands, feet... everything felt fuzzy like the static of an old television in your veins. It was actually surprisingly nice...

Once Aziraphale was fully incorporated into you, you walked over to look in the mirror. He waved at you; a goofy grin adorning his pale angelic cheeks. It seemed to be the case that, when looking into your reflection, you could see him, but he could see you.

"Well... this is weird" you commented, chuckling slightly with a faint nervousness hedging your voice.

"Indeed..." Aziraphale concurred, unable to take his eyes (and your eyes) off the mirror.

"How does it feel?..." you asked, "you know, being me?..." you scratched the back of your neck awaiting his reply.

"I'm not sure... But it certainly feels like an upgrade."

"Awww... Angel!..." you blushed, looking at the floor, slightly taken aback by the outright compliment.

"Its true! After being in my body for over 6000 years, this is certainly a better feeling. more athletic... and lighter too I believe. It's like exchanging an old car for the new sports model." Aziraphale skipped around a little in your frame, taking in how much lighter you were than him and grinning.

You took the next few moments of silence to really inspect your body. You ran your hands gently down over your hips and waist before bringing them up to cup your face. Aziraphale was surprised at this and continued with a comforting;

"is everything ok?..."

You smiled, unconvincingly and nodded, turning away from the mirror to hide his sympathetic look from your gaze. 

"I've just never thought of myself that way before... having an outsider's perspective makes me feel a bit better about my body. You say that you feel soft in your own body, well, that's exactly how I felt about my own..."

You sat down in Aziraphale's large armchair and rested your head to the side; your fingertips pressed lightly against your temple. Aziraphale gave a long sigh and you could tell that some big, heavenly speech was coming...

"My dear... I had absolutely no idea that you felt this way about yourself. If you had told me sooner, I could have done something to help you. I am being 100% honest when I say that being in your body feels galaxies away from being in mine. You are not soft. You are adorable and athletic and curvy in all the right ways... I've never felt so light in my life! You should learn to love you as much as I love you..."

Aziraphale had managed to bring tears to your eyes in this speech which felt incredibly strange as it meant he was crying too. Either way, after the few minutes of catharsis, you both felt better. It was like a relief had been lifted off your shoulders.

"It shouldn't be long now... I can feel myself forming more energy." 

"You're not going to miss my body too much are you?" you joked, standing up so that he could leave you properly.

"Well, it was an experience, I can say that... but it will be nice to get back to what I know. A body perfectly formed from a few thousand years of crepes"

You both giggled together, as one... and then kissed together as two... Bettered as a whole from the experience...