Baking - Crowley

A/n- Hey! Long time no see eh? Anyway... since I'm isolated at home for the foreseeable future, I guess I could do a bit of writing?...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Although being a demon means that Crowley doesn't require the consumption of food to stay alive (and even though he CAN eat it, he chooses not to as it would taint his brooding aesthetic and sticks to black coffee instead like a real hardass should) that doesn't mean that he can't make it...

It was a slowly ripening Sunday afternoon and the threat of summer was haunting the streets. The breeze was warmer than usual and the dewyness that set the leaves on the trees was more of an elegant sprinkle than a thick dampening. Kneeling on the sofa to gain some height, you looked out the window with your head in your hands and sighed peacefully. Without warning, Crowley -your boyfriend- pounced behind you and grabbed your waist like a cat swiping at a mouse, causing you to fall back onto him, cushioned by the bounce of the sofa.

"CROWLEY!! get OFF! Nooo- I- sto STOPITRIGHTNOW!!"

You giggled and squirmed as he softly dug his demonic nails into your sides and flicked his forked tongue, tickling your nose; pink from laughing. He slowly released his grip and let you fall onto his bony chest with a relieved exhale.

"I'm bored darling..."

Crowley muttered into your ear. His rattly voice sent shivers down your spine as you listened to his chest moving slowly up and down through his shirt. He lifted his thin fingers to your hair where he proceeded to run his hand through your locks like a porcelain comb.

"I don't know what to suggest babe... but I went shopping yesterday. We could make brownies?..."

Crowley leaned himself up on his elbows, looking at you as if you were joking.

"Brownies? Really (y/n)? That's the best thing you cab come up with? We spend the afternoon mixing fatty liquids and powders together until our kitchen smells like burning chocolate and we are an hour and 45 minutes closer to death?"

You rolled your eyes at this statement until he changed his tone...

"Well there isn't really anything demonic about brownies is there?"

He added. Lighting the mood slightly.

"Come on Crowley! You're the one who said you were bored in the first place and you don't have to eat any of them if you're worried about looking like a wuss who eats brownies"

He raised his eyebrows quizically in silence for a few moments before agreeing and pinching your sides once more, making you squeal. You kissed his thin demonic lips quickly before hopping up an running to the kitchen with Crowley swaggering in after you.

-

After 15 minutes of fiddling with measuring scales, bowls, knives, spoons and pans, you had successfully set up everything you needed.

"Crowley" you chirped, "can you plug in the electric whisk while i start the bain-marie to melt the chocolate? Be careful though, the power cord is really long"

"(Y/n), I am not an imbecile. I think I can handle untangling long thin objects. I am a snake after all..."

You chuckled and shook your head, turning back to the pan to make sure the chocolate wasn't burning when you heard scraping and grunting
as Crowley wrestled with the electric whisk. You tried not to look as you were sure he'd work it out sooner or later...

Eventually, he managed to plug the unruly device into the wall and shoved the whisk end into the dry mixture. Upon pressing 'go' a ferocious cloud of flour whipped up into the air like a culinary sandstorm, causing you to wheeze. You spluttered and grabbed your ribs as you laughed, fearing they may split open from the building pressure. Tears streamed uncontrollably down your face.

"What the fuck are you doing Anthony?? Why are you whisking the flour?!"

You lunged for the wall socket and managed to unplug the device but not before Crowley was lightly dusted with the substance as if it has been snowing... His eyes flared into their usual demonic slits as he growled

"I'm a Demon ok??! Not Mary Fucking Berry!! What did you THINK was going to happen?"

Your giggles persisted

"Stop laughing at me!!"

He glared, clearly annoyed. You felt bad and calmed yourself, wiping a tear from your eye and allowing your breathing to return to normal.

"Oh Crowley, I'm sorry. I don't mean to laugh at you... but it was  pretty funny"

He raised his eyebrows once more, looking at you from down the bridge of his nose and elegantly brushing the powder off his shoulders. In the ensuing silence, he saw his chance to grab you by the hips and drag you closer, tempting you with his sensual swaying. He leaned down and kissed your neck, allowing you to rest you head against his breast and shut your eyes. A few sconds past before your eyelid darted open once more.

"What's that smell?..."

You enquired, spinning round to see a bowl of burnt chocolate.

"Called it!"

Crowley laughed, baring his pearly white teeth as he grinned.

"Alright, smartass"

You mocked, before leaning up on your toes to kiss him again.

"Brownies may not be a hugely demonic thing, but burning stuff?... big fan, me."