Meeting him - Aziraphale

The sky, that Sunday, was decieving. Though the sun shone down angelically through the crystal blue infinity, the temperature was close to freezing. You decided, therefore, to seek solace in a coffee shop that, although you hadn't visited before, seemed friendly enough for you to arrive and spend the next few hours hiding from the chilly outside world. As soon as the door swung open, you were hit by a viscous wave of warm air, the smell of coffee and a whirring of peoples nonsensical chatterings. You smiled and stepped inside, letting the door creak closed behind you as you tugged at your woolen scarf, releasing it from your neck.

On an initial evaluation, the place seemed entirely full, and you were preparing yourself to leave and find a different location, when a man of medium height and the kindest eyes you had ever seen in your entire life appeared at your side and smiled, saying:

"I'm sorry my dear, but I couldn't help but notice you are here alone... my, um, friend has cancelled on me just this minute with a meeting with his... boss. I was wondering if you would like to have coco with me as I have a vacancy at my table for two!"

You didn't think it was possible, but as the man spoke, his face brightened even more and his eyes physically glistened with an etherial chatoyancy.
"What a miracle." You smiled back, innocently "thank you so much!"

Like an absolute gentleman, he lead you by the arm to his table where he sat you down before taking the seat opposite you. It was then that you had the chance to really take in his apperance... his hair was beautiful. It was a striking white colour which you assumed must have been dyed as he was far too young to go grey naturally. Matching his hair was an old-style cream suit and tartan bowtie which was tailored to his body immaculately. You had never seen such a well dressed man in your life... His figure was quite complimented by it actually. He was not thin, but then again, not fat either, not by any stretch of the imagination. The word you settled on was 'soft' to emcompass the mans aura entirely. He was quite adorable actually, you had to bite your tongue as you felt a warm blush creep its way over your face.

"Hello." The man said cheerily, holding out a hand to shake yours "my name is Aziraphale... unusual I know, but I quite like it". You smiled in return, interlocking palms with him and said:

"I'm (y/n)... not unusual, and I hate it actually..."

The man gave you a look that wasn't quite a frown but more of saddened shock "oh no, my dear! (Y/n) is a beautiful name. It suits you". He smiled, forcing your cheeks to emit an even deeper shade of rose and you looked down at the menu to disguise the obvious crush that was pricking up from behind your eyes...

"I'll have the English Angel cake I believe... or crepes... I don't know..." his genuine indecision was extremely cute and a half-silence fell for just a moment before you piped up with a suggestion.

"Why don't we get both and share?... I've never had angel cake before, I'd quite like to try it, if that's alright with you?..."

Aziraphale's face beamed again, causing butterflies to whirr round in your stomach. "Oh how delightful!" He chirped, before ordering the delights plus two hot cocos. For an indeterminate expanse of time, you found yourself fixated on Aziraphale's lips. They were pale pink, smiley and soft-looking... adorable...

Your stare was broken by Aziraphale's enquiry "are you alright my dear? Hello?" He fluttered his hand in front of your face and you blinked back to reality "oh, my gosh" you spluttered, completely red now, "I'm sorry I zoned out for a while then..."

"Perfectly alright" he smiled back, looking directly into your eyes and smiling contentedly.

Soon, your food arrived and two cocos, a crepe and a slice of English Angel cake later, you were happy, warm and preparing to leave.

"That angel cake was delicious, thank you" you said to a dazy looking Aziraphale. As you leant down to pick up your bag, he murmured through a hazy plane of thought, just quiet enough for you to miss it...

"If you enjoyed the cake, I know another angel I think you'd quite like..."

"What?"

"What?" He blushed. "Sorry, I think I zoned out for a moment there too!"

You giggled and rose from the table, thanking Aziraphale profusely before engaging in a hug that lasted so long, other people may have found it awkward. Truthfully, you wanted it to last longer... he was so soft and warm. Heavenly almost.

"Well... I suppose I should be going" you murmered sadly, wishing you could stay for an eternity. "I really did have a wonderful time today Aziraphale... thank you."

He ginned like a child and removed a piece of paper from his waistcoat pocket "I own a bookshop on the corner a few streets away, here's the address, if, you know... you ever wanted to pop by."

You smiled graciously, accepting the paper and scanning it quickly. "Wait, what's this?" You queried, addressing the very bottom line of the paper.

"Oh-" Aziraphale blushed also, a goldish glow appearing round his shoulders and head "that's... my number..."

You grinned as you tucked the precious item into your bag and kissed him on the cheek.
"Oh- right- uh..." he flustered for words adorably as he grinned to himself.
"I'll definitely be in touch." You turned to leave the shop before making one last crucial eye contact with his from over your shoulder. His hand was up on his cheek, covering the area where you had kissed him moments before. You giggled to yourself and finally left.

"(Y/n)..." Aziraphale whispered aloud. "What a beautiful, beautiful name..."