Camping - Brie Larson

"You're doing great sweetie", I commented as I filmed an instagram story of my newly Bear Grylls certified outdoors survival expert of a girlfriend attempt to put up our tent. It wasn't going well from what I could see. She was stood with the tent, which appeared to be inside out, over her head, her legs the only part of her body actually visible.

"You could help", she remarked, her face appearing behind a mesh window in the fabric of our home for the next few days. I zoomed in on her face.

"You seem to be doing fine", I laughed as she attempted to remove the tent from over her head, "see, you'll be done in no time", I continued to mock her once she'd emerged and promptly given me the finger and one of her signature 'I'm-unimpressed-by-your-sarcasm' looks I seemed to receive fairly regularly. I zoomed in on her face once again before ending to story and posting it with the caption, 'Bear Grylls would be proud'.

"Are you going to help, or are you just going to stand there and watch me fail the whole time", Brie asked me, bending down to pick up one of the tent poles and put it together.

Brie isn't exactly someone I'd refer to as an 'outdoorsy type', but ever since we'd been together it'd been a tradition of ours to go on camping trips. I had always enjoyed them growing up, going camping with my family, mostly my dad, on weekends and school breaks.

"Fine, I guess I could lend you my expertise for a while", I gave in heading over to help her put up the tent.

After about half an hour we finally finished setting up our camp, we had our tent and then a tarpaulin spread between that and the back of my pick up which gave us a bit of shelter to sit and eat under.

I stood back and took a photo of the set up, Brie was sat in one of the camp chairs under the tarp and smiled as I took the picture, throwing up a peace sign as well. Once I was done I went and sat back down next to her, in my own camp chair, it was getting pretty late by this time and I was starting to get hungry.

"I'm hungry", I stated, hoping it would prompt her to offer to make food.

Instead she responded with, "hi hungry, I'm Brie, nice to meet you", and stuck out her hand for me to shake.

"Haha, if only you were actual brie, then I wouldn't be hungry would I?", I replied sarcastically, then got up to look through the box containing our food options for the next few days.

"There is absolutely nothing stopping you from eating me", Brie commented, making me look back at her to see a small smirk on her lips, she raised her eyebrows slightly, a twinkle in her eye.

"Eh maybe later", I played of nonchalantly, making her tut and push me with her foot, causing me to stumble forward slightly before turning and glaring back at her.

I turned back to the box and continued to rummage through before pulling out a tub of ravioli and some sauce to mix with it. I turned around and held it up, raising my eyebrows and my girlfriend, silently asking for approval. Brie nodded and stood up, putting some water in a small saucepan and placing it over our little camping stove to warm up, then moving to sit back in her camp chair.

"Jesus it's getting cold already", I shivered, prompting Brie to lean back and grab my big puffer jacket which was sat just inside the tent. She held it out to me and I grabbed it putting it on and thanking her.

Once we had finished cooking and eating our meal we moved our chair out from under the tarp so we could look up and see the stars. The sky was clear and beautiful, one of my favourite things about going camping. After a few minutes of sitting in silence, admiring the sky above us, Brie moved from her chair and sat across my lap, hooking her arm over my shoulders and resting her head against mine. We stayed like that for a while, enjoying each other's company and warmth.

"I love you", Brie muttered quietly, completely out of the blue.

"I love you too", I told her, turning my head to look at her, she had lifted hers from where it had been resting and was was staring right at me.

"I'm glad we came out here", she admitted then, "sometimes everything back home all gets so much I feel like I never see you, even though we literally live together", she explained, fiddling with my fingers as she held one of my hands, the other was wrapped around her waist, holding her close.

Instead of attempting to come up with something to say back, that would prove I felt the same way, I just lent and and placed my lips against hers, poring every ounce of emotion I could muster into it. After a while we pulled away, but left our foreheads touching, my eyes were still closed, as I wished to stay in this moment forever.

"We should move into the tent", she said after a while, it was then that I realised I was actually pretty cold.

"Good idea", I told her, "I'm fucking freezing".

Brie laughed and pulled herself up from my lap, we moved the camp chairs so they were under the tarp in case it rained and made our way into the tent. After changing into some warm sleep wear we climbed into our sleeping bags and cuddled close.

"As much as I love camping", I started, "I kinda wish we had like a heater of something", I said, shivering a little and shuffling impossibly closer to my girlfriend.

"Agreed", Brie said, shivering equally as much, "it'll warm up after a while", she told me, trying to reassure herself as much as me.

It took a while, but eventually the tent did warm up, and we fell asleep, cuddled close because it wasn't that warm, but also because that's always how we slept, and I'm sure I had a smile on my face the whole time.

(This is kinda short and the ending is kinda shit but I haven't posted anything in ages and I've literally been writing this gradually for months so I figured I might as well just post it. Also if anyone has any ideas/requests feel free to comment them and I'll give it a go, if you have any specific ideas for imagines too that'd be good)