Injury - Lucy Bronze

"Are you coming to watch the game tonight?", Lucy asked me as she moved around the kitchen making breakfast for the two of us, as I was currently incapable. I had been injured in a game a while ago and had recently had surgery on my left ankle, leaving me feeling sorry for myself, and my girlfriend stuck doing everything for me.

"Of course", I confirmed from where I was sat on the couch, looking back over my shoulder at her, "wouldn't miss it", I smiled.

"How are you gonna get there?", she inquired.

"Uh, walk?".

"You're gonna walk all the way?", She raises her eyebrow at me.

"How else would I get there, I can't drive", I shrugged.

"You can't walk to the toilet without me helping you", she folded her arms over her chest, "you can come with me, I'll get you a seat pitch side so I can hear you cheering me on", she came over to where I was sat, leaning on the back of the couch and stroking the top of my head, causing me to tilt it back to look up at her.

"How'd you know I'll be cheering you on, you're playing PSG, which is my team, might I remind you", I smiled up at her.

"Because if you don't, I won't make you food anymore", she smirked, knowing I don't currently have the agility to stand and make food at the same time, not that I can cook normally anyway.

"Noooo, you know I won't survive without the proper nutrition", I begged, bringing my hands up to grab her face, while doing my best lost puppy impression up at her.

"With your cooking, I'm surprised you survive without me as it is", she laughed, my puppy face clearly having no effect.

"Exactly", I used it to make my point stronger. I tried the lost puppy face again. She leant down, placing a peck on my lips, before standing up to head back to the kitchen. Before she could I reached up to pull her back down, into another kiss, this one a little longer.

"As much as I hate not being able to walk, let alone play, I love being able to be here with you all the time", I said once we pulled away.

"Good, 'cause I love having you here", she kissed me again, then went to pull away but I made sure she couldn't by placing my right hand on the back of her neck. Eventually she was able to pull away, "you need to stop", she told me.

"Why?", I smirked up at her.

"I'm trying to cook", she said, quickly walking back to the kitchen so I couldn't grab her and stop her from leaving again.

"Well that's boring", I stated, turning around more to look over the back of the couch so I could see her better.

"So you're coming with me, yes?", She changed the subject back to our previous conversation.

"Yes", I confirmed, "I'll be your biggest loudest, most British fan", I said.

"Ah, so you are going to cheer for me?"

"Of course, as much as I love PSG, I love you more, I'll even wear your jersey"

"Wow, that's real commitment, be careful you might scare me off", she said, laughing a bit.

"If you weren't scared off after our second date I don't think anything could scare you off", I stated, remembering the shambles that was our second date.

We had just got back to Manchester after playing with the England national team, which is where we had met, and I had asked her out on a second date, we'd had our first while away in the US playing in the SheBelieves cup. I had planned to take her to the indoor ski centre near the Trafford centre, which I knew she'd enjoy, then out for a meal at one of the restaurants near by.

It was all going well until we were at the restaurant. Apparently I'm allergic to shell fish, and who knew calamari counted as shell fish? Long story short, she ended up having to take me to hospital, because I was finding it increasingly hard to breath. But she stuck around, even after she'd seen me with a swollen face and purple lips. Which meant that she must really like me.

After that we stuck to non seafood related restaurants. But it's pretty funny to look back on now I know I'm not dying. At the time I was convinced I wasn't going to make it. I've always been a lover of overreacting.

"Yeah well, I saved your life, you're probably only in love with me because of some hero complex or something", Lucy laughed, as she continued cooking.

"Well I might not be anymore", I said, sulking a little, "you won't make out with me".

"You want your food or not?", she asked, "and if you wait until after the game, you can help me celebrate me beating your team like they're that spider you killed earlier", she said seductively, though the reference to the spider I had smooshed into the carpet with my slider earlier in the day made it a little less appealing.

"I would, but I'll be too busy comforting you after you loose", I shrugged.

"Uh huh, we'll see about that", Lucy said as she made her way back over to where I was sat, leaning down and placing a kiss on my lips. Just as I was about to deepen it, thinking she'd finally given in, she pulled away, and placed a plate of food I hadn't seen her bring over into my lap, "eat up my love, you'll need as much energy as possible if you plan on walking to the stadium".

"Ha ha", I replied sarcastically.