The God of Destruction

"Your highness!"

The First Prince's right-hand man, dubbed by the commoners as the Empire's black wolf, came at the right time and slashed at the shadows that trapped Casimir to free him.

"Roman."

"Please! Go and save your wife!"

He grunted while trying his best to parry against Raidyn's shadows. It wasn't that he was stronger than Bycrest's King, but he just wasn't falling behind in strength and techniques. Roman knew that the Casimir now would not be able to function well when he knows his wife is in imminent danger.

He knew that all too well as this was not the first time Raidyn's been able to squeeze himself into Casimir's mind and poison it. This King always had a way to exploit Casimir's weakness painfully and disgustingly well.

"But.."

"Go, your highness!"

Another voice came before they both saw an attack come from Raidyn's blind spot and the newcomer managed to get a hit in and wounded the latter's side—although a bit shallow but still enough proof for Casimir to entrust Raidyn into their capable hands.

"I would love to be the one to save the mistress from her misery but I know she'd prefer you."

The woman said with a smirk as she leapt back to keep a distance between her and Raidyn and his shadows.

Casimir, after seeing Athena helping Roman face the enemy king, spun on his heel after leaving the both of them an order,

"Don't die on me."

"With all due pleasure, your highness." Roman replied.

"Of course! As Princess Adira's lover, I shall prove my love and loyalty to her by presenting this bastard's head on a spear!" Athena proudly exclaimed.

The Empire's prince had a lot of questions about some aspects on her sentence but decided to ignore it for now. They'll have plenty of time to sort those out later. For now, his wife takes priority and stop this destruction immediately.

Wait for me, Adira. I'm coming.

"Well, I thought you'd be headstrong about it and charge towards the Princess without alerting the first prince to claim the glory of being her savior." Roman commented and smirked at Athena's way as soon as he was sure Casimir was nowhere near their spot anymore.

"She needs to know that she isn't alone. And the person that she needs that from is from her husband. Not me." Athena answered gloomily.

Although she admired the princess very much to the point that it was bordering love, she also knew that she could never take that special spot in her heart. That was why, she was content with being Adira's friend and trusted companion. As long as it meant being able to stay by her side.

"It's okay. I'm here anyway." Roman mused with a slight tinge of red coating his cheeks.

"Shut up." was Athena's cold answer while hiding her blush from the man himself.

...

"A-Adira... What's.. What's happening?"

Shakily, Triton called out to the woman glowing golden while gradually turning dark. Emptiness was all that could be seen in her once bright and lively ashen eyes. Wintry apathy masked her beautiful doll-like visage. It was just like before.

Only this time, an almost transparent, floating, ghost-like person could be seen wrapping his arms around Adira's neck gently, as if to protect her while also appearing very clingy, while smiling coldly towards Triton and a bleeding and damaged Iris.