I'm Telling Mommy

"Casimir, we can't let that child go."

"Father, you know you can't force me into anything."

The king sighed when he said that cause he knew it was true. Hell would have to freeze over before he can force Casimir into anything that he didn't like—most especially because it involved Adira.

"I can't believe you chose to chase out the absolute power handed over to you on a silver platter."

"No power can best Adira's importance to me and you know that well, Father. Don't forget. I know what you did to have Mother."

Casimir's platinum eyes glinted sharply to wordlessly warn his father to drop it, because nothing can ever change the fact that he will choose Adira a million times over a power that he doesn't want.

Besides, he was plenty capable enough to raise the empire's might through his own means. He needs no deity's power to aid him with that.

...

Iris, who dazedly sat on a salon at one of the tea shops on their land—used to be, turned the teaspoon round and round as she stared at the unbroken swirls threatening to spill out of the cup.

She didn't know when that person had decided to sit behind her or what but she suddenly heard a voice come from her back and said,

"Hello, Lady Latifolia. I've come to give you a solution to your problems."

Iris' back tensed like taut bowstrings and turned around but the head of the person speaking to her was covered with a hood and turned his/her back against her.

"Please, don't turn around here. You really don't know how to be covert at all."

The person judged and mocked her with a low chuckle that although she was mad, she decided to let it go. It didn't matter to her anymore. Now that she had lost her title, her place in high society even the prince's favor—nothing mattered now.

"Well, do you want to cleanse your slate clean and get close to his highness once again?"

After hearing such preposterous question, Iris just scoffed, unladylike, and was about to get the hell out away from this bastard that continued to mock her when suddenly everything turned black and a floating light gently descended to her.

"This is a one time deal, Iris Amaryllis Kalmia Latifolia. With this chance, use whatever means you can use to attract the prince away from Adira Sylveris."

Was the last she heard that reverberated in the space she was in before it dissolved and she was back at the shop with the swirls in her tea still unbroken.

She whipped her head towards the seat behind her but found not a soul there, nor even a trace of that person that suddenly approached her.

Thinking that the stress was catching up to her and made her delirious, she chuckled derisively and held her head as she bent slightly forward and that's when she saw the white gem-like pendant hanging loosely on her neck.

Dear lord. It was real? I wasn't going crazy? This.. can help me start over again? Really?

She doubtfully thought and held the pendant against the bright sun. It wasn't a stone nor was it a gem. Inside was just a hazy swirl of gas-like substance. But she wasn't entirely sure exactly what it was.

But... If this can help me... I mean, I've got nothing more to lose, right? Might as well just do this.

Iris decided and abruptly stood up and left her unfinished tea. A means—an opportunity, a chance—was presented to her. She'd be an idiot if she didn't use it well.

Come on, Adira. It's time for a rematch.

...

Peaceful days passed in the Sylveris Castle with Adira spending her days mostly playing with Heise. Everyday, Casimir dropped by and accompanied them. Most of the time, he even brought his work over.

Adira made the both of them tea and snacks and everyone just melted and were blinded with their picture perfect family.

Even the elders were watching over them. Ramir, who was now more or less running half of the fief now, also spent most of his time at home now that Adira's home and walked close to them and sat in front of Casimir—also dropping his work on the table.

When Adira first introduced Heise to him as her child, he was so stunned he felt like fainting. He didn't like how Heise gave him the stink-eye since it greatly reminded him of the old prince—Casimir. But then, he looked incredibly adorable—like Adira—when he smiles at her or his mother and father.

This kid.. sharp one, isn't he?

So they reached a stalemate and decided to be civil for the meantime—at least when in the presence of Adira and their parents. But when was Heise ever not beside Adira, right? So they had no choice really but to stow their differences away for the time being.

"What're you doing here? Again?" Ramir asked the stoic man, who briefly looked up to him before turning back to his paperworks, and eyed him disdainfully.

"My family is here." Casimir stated matter-of-factly.

And this irked Ramir more.

"Who the hell is your family?"

To which Casimir just replied with a look that said,

"Seriously?"

Ramir cleared his throat when Heise came close to them and gave them the cookies Adira just baked before warning them in a very cute childish voice,

"If you two don't stop, I'm telling Mommy."

And that was enough to shut both of these men up and return to each of their business. No one can defeat the most favored child. Since Adira believes anything that comes out of this little brat's mouth.

Adira followed suit after Heise and wondered what happened to make both men submit to the child with bowed heads—burying themselves in their work—while the boy looked victorious.

Hmm.. Did Heise just successfully trample these prideful men all on his own? Wow.

"My baby's just the best, indeed." She cooed when she came close and dipped her head low to place a kiss on the child's forehead before giving the men their teas.

Notes:
Hi! I'm so happy to read that you all enjoy the story. Truly! Thank you very much! I hope I can continue to make you feel the emotions our characters are feeling.

I'm updating a little bit earlier! Got a patient to take care! ❤️

P.S. why I still write despite being busy?
Weeeeell~ you guys motivate me to write more. As long as I know a lot of you are looking forward for more, I will happily write you a new chapter! That's how much I love you guys! ❤️❤️❤️ So I hope we keep this up! Banzaaaiii! 🎉🎉🎉