That Dragon is My Son!

Casimir fixed some issues he briefly left unattended while he was preoccupied with Adira.

He checked the dungeons to see if Leon was rotting away like he wanted to but he was still unconscious.

Stefan was indeed under attack by large numbers of skilled fighters and although he fought great himself, it was still a little too hard for Stefan to fend them off.

Roman and a few knights under Casimir arrived on time before he met an unfortunate end and he slumped down the floor in obvious relief.

The king was fine since the palace guards immediately found him, as well as Alexander who was stashed inside a locked box. Well, he woke up and made a ruckus so would miss him, right?

Iris was also found together with the king and was sent to a guest room to rest until further instructions. But that didn't mean it was unguarded. She was still under imprisonment for interrogation after all but since the guards didn't know about Casimir stripping her of her title, they played safe.

And lastly, about Heise.

He knew he could not hide Heise's existence anymore. So he didn't deny anything. Although he made sure they were aware that Heise was not hostile. However, it could never be as easy as that.

About a third of the nobles, that came because of the terror they felt from Heise's angry roar, refused to believe that the first prince had complete control of Heise and that the beast would not harm anyone.

"If none of you tries to hurt anyone from the royal family, of course that dragon will not harm you."

"Your highness! Please stop saying crazy things! That is a dragon, your highness! They cannot be tamed! That dragon will eventually go crazy and attack even you!"

And at the words of the brave noble, Casimir flared together with the drop in temperature. He looked incredibly displeased and frightening.

"That dragon is my son! Anyone that tries to hurt him is a direct insult to the crown. To me! Don't you dare say he'll go crazy or I will cut your tongue!"

No one shall dare to hurt my family.

He scolded the noble that couldn't help the jolt of terror course through his nerves as he stiffly stood in attention.

Although he still wasn't convinced of Heise's docility, he didn't want to push any more of Casimir's buttons. Regrets never came first, after all.

So the noble chose to back down and submit to this berserking crown prince. They even wondered where the Lady Sylveris was. Where was she when they needed her as a stopper for this beast?

...

While on Adira and Heise's side, the dragon was still little by little providing Adira warmth by breathing blue fire towards her and imparting back some of his mana to her.

It was his chance to be the one to help his mother. He cannot fail her.

Adira was slowly regaining her warmth and healthy color and she was also not squirming uncomfortably in pain anymore. She looked like she was only sleeping now.

Heise lied beside her flower bed. He kept her sleeping figure company hoping that when she opens her eyes, he'll still be the first she sees. He behaved like a melancholic yearning son waiting for his mother to open her eyes and show him love again.

...

"Adira." The sleeping lady heard a voice call her and she bolted up before whipping her head around to scan the place.

She was in a quiet green meadow with dandelions scattered around and a soft breeze blowing past her, making her hair flow like waves.

It was a very peaceful place. There were no creatures around. She was alone. But she knew she heard a voice.