Chapter 23:Life O' the Party

June 7th 2002

Today was Prince's birthday ,but he didn't feel like celebrating .Ever since he lost his parents ,he has been in his own world.He had a spark of hope that Angelica would be pregnant after their mishap ,but she wasn't. He does help with the kids,but then he runs off to Paisley Park to record.To relieve himself from the stress,he hit the gym quite oftenand had lost a few pounds .Angelica makes sure she gives him a healthy smoothie every morning ,because eating did not interest him much.However,Angelica has a few trick up her sleeve to cheer him up quite nicely.She was determined to give him an unforgettable day.She got up early and bathed the twins,who are almost 8 months old now.Both are crawling already.Izzy tries to stand,but isn't quite there yet.Mimi says a lot of gibberish, but hasn't spoken yet.After Angelica bathed them,she fed them both some cereal.They loved Cap'n Crunch,just like their daddy.They were placed in the playpen while Angelica quickly prepared breakfast.She made him some coffee with whipped cream on top and pancakes ,strawberries and chocolate syrup. Prince had just woken up when she entered the bedroom.
"Good morning Honey, happy birthday"
"Good morning babygirl,thank you.What's all this?"

What's all this?"

"Just a little something to cheer you up" Prince looked at her apologetically

"I'm sorry I've been like that mama.I just needed to deal with losing my parents and I don't handle loss very well."
"I understand baby.I'm not mad,I just want you to know I'm here for you"
"Thank you,Angel.You're the best wife a man could ever ask for" Angelica smiled and said:
"I try....now eat your breakfast before it gets cold okay baby?"
Prince nodded and dug in and enjoyed every bite of his breakfast.He took a shower ,while Angelica went to the nursery to prepare for her next surprise,but somehow her surprise got even better.Prince entered the room and picked up Izzy and kissed him.
"Hey little man,how are you doing today?"
Izzy squealed and motioned that he wanted to be put down.When Prince put him down,he started to stand by himself and took one step before his little knees dropped him.Prince was elated!
"Mama ,did you see that?!Izzy took his first step!"
Angelica was so happy,she kissed her son all over his face.
"Who is mommy's big boy?Yes you are ...yes you are...you made daddy very happy today,Izzy."
Izzy giggled as his mom placed him back to play.Prince then picked up Mimi ,who held a small giftbox in her hand.
"Hi my little Princess,whatcha got there?"
Mimi looked at her dad and replied:"Da!"
Prince's eyes grew wide and Angelica was in tears.He quickly opened the box and saw a bracelet inside.
"Wow...thank you princess,is this for me?" Mimi squealed and replied:"Da...Da!" Prince's eyes welled.He was so happy that both his son and his daughter had milestones on his birthday.He walked up to his wife,who was kissing Mimi,and kissed her.
"I love you,you know that?You always know how to make me feel better."
"I love you too,Prince.And I'm just getting started.There is much more to come"
"Really?Can't wait mama.Love the bracelet by the way"