Chapter 22:A Father's Song & a Motherless Child

It's been a week since their return from their honeymoon.They had called Dr.Shepard immediately to ask for possible complications if Angelica was pregnant again.Dr.Shepard assured them that it wouldn't be a problem,but she would be closely monitored if pregnant.Even though they weren't sure if Angelica was pregnant,Prince started to use condoms .He felt it was unfair for her to go through all that again so quickly.He decided to observe her for pregnancy symptoms .They fell back into their daily routine of taking care of the babies. While Prince was feeding Mimi,his phone rang.When he picked up,it was Tyka ,his sister.After less than 2 minutes he came back,but his demeanor changed.
"Honey are you ok?" She asked concerned. Prince sighed deeply and said:"Not really,but I'll tell you later.Let's focus on the kids for now".So Angelica kept quiet and they focused on the twins' needs.When they were done Prince walked to the piano he had in the living room and played a song.Angelica didn't know the song,but refrained from asking.Towards the end of the song she saw tears streaming down his face and he started crying softly.He buried his face in his hands and cried.Angelica walked up to him and hugged him,wondering why he was so upset.After sitting in silence for a few minutes he said:"My father passed away last night.I didn't even get to say goodbye...."
"Oh honey,I'm so sorry .What can I do to help?"
"Just hold me mama,I can't be without you today"
"Ok baby I'm here for you"

What can I do to help?""Just hold me mama,I can't be without you today""Ok baby I'm here for you"

Angelica asked Rosita to check the kids while she comforted Prince.He cried himself to sleep and hadn't eaten all day.While Prince slept,she went to the nursery to check on the kids.Both were napping. She told Rosita she had the rest of the day off,as she had everything under control. It was 3 PM.
Cooking has always been therapeutic for her,so she started to prepare some comfort food.She made a whole bunch of mozarella sticks and for dinner she made eggplant parmesan.There was still some home made lemonade in the fridge,so they could drink that.Knowing that she made a lot of food,she made a package for Rosita and for Dom to pick up tomorrow. She also gave Darryl some food ,as he was on duty today.When she finished cooking ,she went ahead and bathed the twins.The twins were done bathing around 6PM ,when Prince walked into the nursery,still groggy from his nap.She smiled at him.
"Hey baby,you feel better?"
"A little,I'm hungry ,though" he replied while rubbing his stomach.
"I know you are baby you haven't eaten all day.But could you help me feed Mimi ?Then we can enjoy some comfort food." Prince fed Mimi some formula and Izzy got the same from his mommy.While feeding the twins,she heard Prince's stomach grumble.
"Awww.....baby you're really hungry aren't you?"
Prince nodded while pouting his lip.

baby you're really hungry aren't you?"Prince nodded while pouting his lip