Chapter 14:Friend,Lover,Sister,Mother,Wife part 1

24 weeks and growing

Today was the day of their wedding

Today was the day of their wedding .Prince made sure to keep it as intimate as possible.He only invited a few close friends and some family members.Angelica was very upset because she had no one ,except Dom and James,her boyfriend ,to attend her wedding.So Prince invited some of her old collegues ,Mayte and Gary.They would be each other's date ,which means things are going well between those two.Angelica's leg cramps have increased ,as well as her back pain.Now her hips are hurting too ,and she gets those Braxton-Hicks contractions.Enough reason to be highly uncomfortable,not to mention her indigestion.But Prince ,being who he is,arranged the entire wedding based on Angelica's comfort.Her being comfortable was his top priority.He even decided not to perform,because he was concerned about her.
As usual,he got up early to fix her breakfast.He decided to give her some oatmeal for breakfast.It was only 7AM .She smelled the oatmeal and woke up.She streched out and let out a yawn.Prince kissed his babies and then his girl.
"Good morning mama.How are you feeling?Today is the big day" he said with a smile.
"Good morning baby,I feel pretty good,actually and very excited"
"Glad to hear,here's your breakfast "
As Angelica ate,she noticed how tired he looked.He stifled a yawn and cracked his neck.
"Baby you look exhausted,come back to bed"
He didn't argue,because he really was exhausted.He cuddled her until he drifted off to sleep.
Around 11 AM he woke up and heard Angelica whimpering softly.
"Angel,what's wrong?"
"My chest burns"
Heartburn.Dr.Shepard had informed them about it.Angelica was crying ,holding her chest:"It hurts!"
He went to the kitchen to warm up some milk to settle her stomach.He went back to her and gently caressed her face.
"Baby can you sit up?I have some milk here to settle your stomach" As she sat,he gave her the warm milk.She drank it and after a few minutes the burning sensation began to lessen.He massaged her belly to help digest the food.They spent all morning doing nothing ,but cuddle and watch movies.He tried to take her mind off of everything and wanted her to relax.He knew she loved movies so he put on the funniest comedy he could find.It seemed to help,because she relaxed and laughed out loud at some of the scenes.
Around lunch time they had something heavier because it would be a while before they would eat again.Finding a balance between keeping Angelica filled and her indigestion was a challenge,so Prince divided her portion in two and gave her one half.The other half he put in the fridge.If she was up for it,he would give her the rest before they got ready.But he didn't want to take any chances.They were having mashed potatoes and grilled vegetables.To be on the safe side he opted for water. Orange juice was a big no-no,as it gave her acid reflux.When they finished,Angelica experienced those chest pains again.Prince gave her some warm milk, which resulted in her being bloated afterwards.She felt highly uncomfortable and Prince felt really bad for her.He quickly went into his office and cried.All of this was taking a toll on him emotionally.He called Dr.Shepard for advice.She recommended herbal tea instead of warm milk for the heartburn.She asked Prince to massage her as much as possible so that she wouldn't be so uncomfortable.
"Oh,and Prince?"
"Yes doctor?"
"Relax.She will be fine"
Prince let out a deep sigh."I just feel so helpless right now,I don't know what to do to help her.I can't stand seeing her like this"his voice quivered.
"I underetand ,but you have done an amazing job so far.I know you are exhausted emotionally.I suggest you take some time to yourself .Rest a little"
"Thanks doctor ,I'll try"
When he hung up he went back to the bedroom to find a crying Angelica.He took a deep sigh and walked up to her.
"Hey baby"
"I don't feel so good Prince" He pulled her in for a hug."Awww...poor baby.Come on let me help you mama"
He proceded to massage her until she was exhausted.He wanted to relieve her from any bloatedness.She exhaustedly leaned her head on his chest.
"You're exhausted baby,let's get some rest before we get ready.Kim will come around 5PM to do our hair and make up.They took a well deserved nap and around 5PM Angelica and Prince were in Kim's salon getting ready for the wedding.She saw Prince fidgeting nervously.
" Honey,are you nervous?"
"A little.I'm concerned about you ,mama.Are you ok?"
"Yes baby,thanks to you"
"I just want this to be over quickly so you can be comfortable again.You sure you're ok?No pains ?"
He asked nervously.Angelica smiled at her sweet man.
"I'm fine honey.Just promise me you'll be next to me and I'll be alright,"
"Okay,but I know how shy you are.Anytime you feel bloated ,in pain or uncomfortable just squeeze my hand ok?"
"Ok baby,I will"
"Did you wear the maternity belt?Dr.Shepard said it would help you with your back pain.Kim please don't put too much make up.I want her to be comfortable. Keep it light alright?"
"Okay boss" Kim replied.
Angelica gently caressed his face to calm him down.
"Breathe baby,breathe" she urged.Prince started to tear up and sighed deeply. He caressed her belly and said:"Angel,you 3 are my entire universe.I don't want anything to happen to any of you.If I would lose you I...."his voice cracked as he teared up.
Angelica embraced him tightly,gently stroking his,now short hair."Shhh...I know baby. But we're not going anywhere.This is part of the package deal.Have faith okay?"
"Okay.But if you..-"
"I know,I'll squeeze your hand.Now please look happy,we're getting married"
Prince smiled and said :"Let me take a picture of you mama"

Now please look happy,we're getting married"Prince smiled and said :"Let me take a picture of you mama"

With the weather change ,he decided to let her pose outside.Darryl came and picked them up to drive them to the wedding destination.Prince arranged for the ceremony and reception to be held at one place and because Angelica's back pains and leg cramps she couldn't stand too long,so he arranged for a non traditional seated ceremony.Every detail was planned with his Angel in mind.This was her special day.The theme was royalty and the colors were purple and gold.A royal seat was placed on stage ,where they would be seated.She was his queen so she deserved a royal treatment.Angelica's face lit up when she saw the decorations.

Angelica's face lit up when she saw the decorations

As always,the reveal was very important to Prince,so they seated on the royal throne and the curtains remained closed

As always,the reveal was very important to Prince,so they seated on the royal throne and the curtains remained closed.When the wedding music played ,the curtains opened  and the guests could admire the beautiful couple.The wedding music was an original piece Prince composed for the wedding.They had traditional vows and after their 'I do's' ,they were pronounced husband and wife.Prince kissed his wife tenderly ,whispering "I love you to her".Guests were now allowed to congratulate the newlyweds.Prince recognized a face he never expected to see at his wedding:his mom.He knew she was against his divorce and him remarrying,but he invited her anyway.He just didn't think she would actually show up.
" Hello son"
"Hello mother"
"Congratulations"
"Thanks"
Angelica could feel the tension between them,so she tried to change the atmosphere by squeezing his hand.She knew that he would assume that something was wrong.She looked at her husband's hardened expression and squeezed his hand.His expression softened as he gently caressed her belly.
"What's wrong baby?You in pain?he asked concerned.She nodded and arched her back.He took a pillow from the couch and placed it in her back.
" Better?"
She nodded again.His mom looked sympathetically and squeezed her hand."Thank you Angelica for bringing my son happiness?I am very grateful to you for that"
"Thank you miss Shaw"
"Please,call me Mattie"
She looked at her son and said:"I know we've had a complicated relationship,but I was hoping to make amends.I just want you to be happy Prince."
"I am momma"
"Good,and I hope to meet my grandchildren. Consider it my dyng wish..." She said mysteriously.She kissed Angelica on the cheek and then her son.
"Be good to her"
"I will"
And she walked away.Prince turned to his wife and smiled."I didn't know you were such a good actress mama"
Her eyes grew wide:"How did you know...."
"Because I know every expression,every look on your beautiful face.Besides,your eyes say more than you think they do..."

To be continued.....