A Cursed Blessing

Blair Ryder's POV

"I can't believe her first year is already over," I pondered aloud watching her eat at dinner. Hayden cleared his throat and said, "Damon completes tomorrow."

"And?" I asked completely unbothered by it. "You haven't designated him," he reminded me and I nodded. "Field," I answered coldly.

"But Xavier-" He quit trying after he noticed my eyes. "Blair you've become very unpredictable in the past couple months. Are you alright?" he asked and I nodded.

"A week of relief. They were going to try and run you know? The three of them..." I said holding up a note I intercepted, "Somehow they compromised the mind of half the students into joining them. I wouldn't have found it if it wasn't for Damon," I said and Hayden furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Why would he confess to his own crimes," he asked. "Because he knew either him or his brother would die if it went wrong... when it went wrong.. So tonight I will hold a chat with Adrianna in her Quarters. I expect you to hold a familiar one with Xavier. I don't want to bring attention to it ... when they fold on their followers they will lose them," I said trying to restrain my anger.

I waited till after relief and had Hayden task their roommates with something tedious. "Q.O!" I shouted as I knocked on her door. 36E. Adrianna opened the door and her eyes widened. "Ms.Ryd-"

I stepped in and slammed her door. My eyes were red with the anger of Hell. "You were going to leave..." I said monotone and she just looked between my eyes. "I'm sorry I-"

I grabbed her by the jaw and forced her to open her mouth. "Please .. Don't!" she pleaded. I hesitated but immediately remembered why I was in here in the first place.

I shoved her on the bed. I spent no time extracting her fangs in a brutal manner. Her hands pushed lightly on my chest knowing it was useless to fight.

I looked into her eyes and her blue eye turned gold trying to fight my invasion. I overpowered her easily.

I watched the relationship between her and Xavier. I watched as their love unknowingly plotted against the destiny her and I shared. I dug deeper into her pain while being in prison... her being homeless and alone after she let Xavier and Damon escape .. when she got caught ... her parents. I backed out to see her eyes flooded with tears and she was hyperventilating. Adrianna...

I began to hear the mechanism in the door and she grabbed my shoulders, "Please!"

I pulled her into my arms and rolled off the bed.

I opened my eyes to the sound of her sniffling. I looked around and saw we were in my chambers. She was still clutching to me. "Adri-" She let out a cry of built up pain and emotions I had brought back to the surface. I regretted it as she buried her face in my chest. "Please stop!" she begged.

I lightly pushed her off of me and stood, walking onto my balcony. She has to be punished for what she did. I need to speak to my mother. I rushed and pinned her to the bed.

I looked into her eyes , her eye going gold to defend my mind invasion. "I magically bound you to this room. Now sleep." I put my finger to her forehead and her eyes shut as she went to sleep. I went back to my balcony.

"Res El Mi Sahtahna."

A portal opened below and I jumped off the balcony into it. I walked into my long ago abandoned idea of home and headed straight into the throne room. "Oh ... you better have a good reason for interrupting me," my mother said rolling her eyes.

Flames licked at the walls on all sides, guards in every corner, her throne elevated so she looked down on you.

"I want a meeting with The Order," I demanded and she chuckled evilly ... her voice would make you cringe. "And people in Hell want ice water," she said with a eerie smile.