Harsh Lessons Pt.2

Adrianna Scarlett's POV

"Hey, you up yet?" My eyes fluttered at the sensation of someone shaking me lightly. I turned to her in annoyance but she seemed shook. Like she was scared of something. "Are you scared of me?" I asked ... my tongue licking the gaps where my fangs once were.

"Uhm no.. not you ... but the Head Mistress can be unforgiving. We should go get your uniform today. So all you have to do is go straight to class tomorrow," she said passing me my clothes. Gross. Everybody wears that.

I showered and brushed my teeth. When I came out the bathroom she was making my bed. "I never got your name?" I asked and she replied as she checked her work one last time. "Lincoln. You can call me Linc in private," she said bouncing a coin off the sheets and then putting it in her pocket.

"Let's go," she said leading the way and I followed quickly behind her. We went through some halls and up a very large staircase into a main lobby before we were outdoors and I took a deep breath. I looked around to see loads of people walking around. Some with guns , some with swords, a lot of gear, they all had some type of uniform on just a different color.

"Don't be a tourist. It'll be lunch soon and you don't want to be in those clothes or you'll be a target for the most unnecessary people," she said and I nodded once again staying close to her. We went into a building maybe a ten minute walk from the one we were in.

We got into a down elevator and walked up to a window. "New student," Linc said to a woman whose back was turned. "Name?"

Linc glanced at me and then said "Adrianna Scarlett."

A buzzing noise went off and Linc gestured with a head nod for me to enter. I walked in and the woman rose from her chair. She was in a tan camo uniform and her black hair was slicked back into a bun. Her eyes outlined beautifully with her make up. She had big brown eyes. Her body the perfect size and shape all over. She wrote my name down in a log book and then stood up having me follow her to the back , out of sight of anyone.

"Strip," she said glancing at me and then began going through boxes. "Huh?" She nodded to confirm what she said is what I had indeed heard. "Everything, get used to it. Level 2 is closer than you think," and I looked at her confused.

"I can't say much because technically I'm on duty. Meet me in the library after lunch," she said and I nodded.

I stripped, hesitant with my bra and underwear but no sense in dwelling on it. She threw the clothes out and had me follow her into this cold room. It was a hard concrete floor and she picked up a hose. "What are you-?"

She hosed me down harshly. It hurt so much the water was cold and the pressure stung.

She stopped and I followed her across the room over to a sink where she washed my hair. We went back to the original room where she threw me a towel. She passed me a black sports bra that had sleeves and long black spandex underwear. "Sometimes during endurance training you'll strip your camo's so make sure you have this on underneath," she said sitting me in a chair and coming through my hair. She put it into a neat bun.

"Your sponsor will go through the hair regulations but for the most part it has to be pulled back into a bun or a low bob cut. Locs are okay but they have to be neat at all times. Any shorter haircuts can be cesar or high top fades. No ponytails," she informed while standing me up.

She passed me a black t-shirt and black cargo pants. It had a lot of pockets. She passed me a belt and stepped back. "Your shirt stays tucked in and always have your belt. Don't buckle up yet though, here's the top."

She passed me the top, and some black socks , black gloves, boot straps with a pair of black combat boots.