Chapter Six - Anima

Crisis

September 26, 2028

Outside the Central Prefectorial City Cluster

Weather: Sunny with 45% chance of Thunderstorms

A silver car drove along a freeway, making it's way through the partial wasteland of Eastern Japan. The road was brand new, finally re-connecting a major artery and finally giving way for workers to start to restore this portion of the land. In the distance, the mess of buildings cleared to make way towards a wall, a wall that surrounded the major cities and prefectures that still remained. Within it, held Tokyo, with the larger buildings still standing, among them, Tokyo Hospital for Industrial and Scientific Study. 

Within the car, sitting in the front seat was their chauffeur, who kept his eye on the slightly empty road. In the back, sat a man and a woman, dressed very nicely as they were headed towards a very special occasion. The woman however, was bandaged up and had various tubes connected to her left hand and her right leg, feeding a clear liquid into her. Her right hand rested on her lap, holding her left, bandaged up arm. She breathed out softly, smiling and giggled, turning to look at the man.

"So, how do you like the progress the humans made? Very efficient they are." to look out the window again, watching the wasted landscape before her. "Oh...imagine how life used to be before this. Sprawling area of populace...so many people. Now...Poof, all gone." She said playfully, causing the man next to her to sigh. "Ria, don't hold it against them. These...people still don't know, rather, they don't know any other way to be peaceful or to settle their differences." He breathed out once again, starting to open a container that held a vial and a syringe. "Besides, father would be mad at you if he found out you were interested in their society. We're pure and above them, remember that." 

He trailed off as he took the vial and syringe, poking the tip into it and pulling out around 50ccs or fluid. Setting it down, he picked up the rubber band provided in the container, before tightening it against his arm. He took a few moments to ensure it was tight enough, before grabbing the syringe once again, and tapping his arm, looking for his vein. Upon finding it, he poked the syringe into it, injecting the clear fluid. The act caused the woman next to him to tilt her head and smile. "Are you really weaker? Why do you require daily shots of it? I'd think father would find a solution for you by now." 

Those words stung him, he closed his eyes and breathed out, pulling the syringe out, setting it in the container. Undoing the rubber band, he tossed it in the container and set it on the floor. "Ria...I'm unstable compared to you. Unlike you..." he turned to look at her and moved his hand to caress her face, turning her face towards him "...I was created, not born of this. Father thought it would be better that way." He lips curled into a smile, before moving closer to her. "Besides...I only refer to him as my father, because he asked me too. Rather...you are his true daughter, and I'm just a creation." He smiled before pressing a kiss to her, taking in the soft moment before pulling away. "I'm very gentle with you...because you're the most important person in the world right now. The future hangs in the balance of your survival, and I will do my best to protect that...regardless of the path it leads me down." 

She giggled and softly pushed him away with her good arm. "Don't worry about me. I don't care about the future...rather, I wish that I wasn't in this plot of his..." Her smile dropped, her head hanging low while she looked to peer out the window again, the wall quickly approaching. "...in fact, I wish I wasn't his child..." she pressed her hand to the window, looking as the wall approached and finally engulfed them, putting them into a tunnel. She looked down, moving her right hand to grab his. "Adam...promise me, promise me that you will make this a better world...so that I won't have to be used." Her head slowly turned to him, her eyes glowing in the dark, looking him in the eye. "Don't leave me to a fate that I won't escape from. Don't let our sister ruin the world."