Chapter Eight - Theory

September 27th, 2028

Weather: Fall Monsoon Rain

Time: Early Morning

Aria's Room...the next day

5:04 AM

The pillows felt so soft she slipped out of her slumber. The smooth and cool lightness of them brushed against her cheek as she blinked a couple of times. Breathing in, she had dreamt of an old memory from the days long before. She pressed a hand to her heart and whispered "I'm sorry...," closing her eyes as she did so. Her body shifted slightly in discomfort as the bed was warm, a bit too warm for her.

She took a breath again through her nose, taking in the scent of the room. It was a pleasant scent that was rather inviting, more so than perfume that most women always wore nowadays. Her mind was suddenly drawn to the outside noises. Outside, she could hear the rain come down from last night's storm. She scoffed slightly as she remembered it built up after having that awkward encounter with her...friends...? Acquaintances?

Shaking her head, she sat up and looked towards Aria, her eyes gazing over the covered body of her, remembering the words and the revelations of this woman. The absolute power she held, the danger that she could put unto anyone. While everything about her seemed calm, the fact that she had manipulated her emotions the previous night meant that she shouldn't be trifled with.

On a different scale, Yuki remembered that she wasn't as powerful. In fact, compared to her, Aria would win a fight against her anyday. Yuki let out another sigh, pulling the blankets off of her and moving to the edge of her bed. Stroking her hand through her hair, she let out soft noises as her face showed nothing but confusion.

Everything had happened so fast, she wasn't sure if it was real life anymore. It's like the moment she arrived, nothing had been the same. Her very first day she rejected her mental barrier. The following weeks had been recovering-mentally-from it. The previous week had been working on catching up with her studies, while also being considered a special case by the...scientists or whoever ran the place. In fact, she didn't know when Aria started manipulating her. Day one? Day two?

In any case, it's not like she cared much anyway. She'd rather have an infatuation with Aria than some person like...Orpheus. A pained and upset look covered her face. The fact that her best friend that she took care of years ago, found him and is seemingly in love with him bothered her. It irked her. While Yuki has had a crush on someone...she hasn't been at all interested in them since that "Incident".

She growled and hopped off the bed, overthinking about how everything won't solve the problem, and it's not like she cared about the arrangement or whatever Aria wants to do. Instead, it seems like a godsend that it's a woman that wants her anyway.

Standing up, Yuki grabbed her towel from one of the chairs nearby and quietly walked towards the bathroom. Soft pats echoed from the ground as she walked barefoot against the wooden surface. "Has it always been wooden?" she thought momentarily. Her eyes gazed upon the surface. Her memories seemed to be in disarray from how fast time has sped for her. Reaching the door, she opened it to the dark bathroom, walking inside slowly.

Not wanting to interrupt Aria's sleep, she turned on the lights once she closed the door. Feeling the cool air in the bathroom, she made quick work of undressing herself from the clothes she slept in. Feeling the goosebumps on her skin form as they were removed. Her body suddenly felt relieved from the heat, making her sigh in enjoyment, before walking to the glassed shower stall.

Why the campus though giving a glass shower room was a good idea, beats her. Should Aria randomly come in to take care of her business, she would see everything on display. Aria probably would like that and might even tease her, but Yuki dreaded the thought fully. She shuddered at the thought and started it up, stepping in and quickly adjusting the temperature as it stung her skin.