Chapter One - Ring

Ver. 1.02

Monday, September 4th, 2028

Weather: Sunny with a high chance of Rain

The morning was beautiful, and crisp. The sun was shining brightly against the buildings and apartments, casting shadows across the land. Cars were moving throughout the city, delivering or getting to places in the morning. The birds singing their morning songs and tunes to the bustling of the city. Schools started, Businesses running, Buses bustling, grasses getting greener, and so on. Everything is normal for a pretty normal day; it was like a day none ever. 

People talked on their phones, driving or riding the trains to work or school. Young kids running to their school, having fun on their way. The busy city also hid sights of other apartments and residential blocks that dotted the prefectures. Inside one of the many apartment buildings in the city lives a young woman nearing the age of 20.

She moves and rolls around in her bed as she still sleeps in the early morning. She let out a small and quiet sigh as the light shone on her face. She wanted to sleep in, the work she did the day before done a number on her, but her hopes were quickly dashed because of the alarm clock that had been set for 8:00 AM. Sharp. 

She moaned and covered her ears, quickly remembering that today was the day she was supposed drive to a college outside a city named "Aiko". It's really a simple day, but given her fatigue, she didn't want to wake up. However, the alarm kept ringing, so she succumbed to the 'power of the alarm', and sat up in her bed casually smashing the button.

The woman sat up in her bed and yawned, hoping for this day to go smoothly. She brushed her hair from her face, and then rubbed her eyes. Her black hair shone slightly in the morning sun. Her room was cleared out in the previous day to aid in transferring to the College she would now be attending. 

Her belongings were placed into a private storage facility, this way she wouldn't have to worry for a while. Her apartment was to become vacant after she left this morning. She really had no place to go, except for the college dorms, given that she would be staying at the college for free; she didn't have to pay for housing.

The woman stood up from her bed reached down to her shirt. The piece of clothing that she then put on, covered her mostly naked body. Sitting down on the bed again, she stretched and moved her body to relieve her aching muscles. Carefully stretching and massaging to get rid of the slight cramps that started to form. 

Reaching down again, she grabbed her shorts and pulled them on quickly. Standing up her body felt heavy, but it was something she had to do. She doesn't have a job as she quit hers because she was moving to another city, so she can't pay for her apartment, and she'd rather not take the 2 hour trip each day.

She walked to the door that led to a small hallway outside, and proceeded to the restroom. She made it to the restroom after a ten second walk, a walk which she didn't want to do because of what happened yesterday. She went in and closed the door behind her, it closed smoothly as it did the first time she got the place. She looked at her black hair in the mirror, and sighed, it was tangled up again as usual, she liked it long, but she didn't like how you'd have to take care of it.

She wordlessly undressed and walked over to the shower. She pulled out the shower curtain from the wall, which was stored there so that way she didn't have to buy one, and it would be left for the next tenant as it was owned by the company that owns the apartments. She started the shower and set the temperature and waited for it to heat up. It was automatic, so she didn't have to worry about getting burned from getting in a too hot of a shower. After she pulled the last of her garments off, she stepped into the shower, and began to wash up.