Chapter Nine - Answers

Earlier that day...

Weather: Early Monsoon Rain

Time: Morning

"It is time to let go of our troubled past. Together, we shall look forward only to the future. I, as your leader, will guide this country back to its former glory before the wars!," a voice boomed through the radio in a sterile room. It was dimly lit with only the central heating and cooling system running in the background providing some noise. Keyboard tapping could be heard breaking through the monotony, a man sat next to the radio, working on various files. His fingers were moving quickly across the keyboard, writing a report on the week prior. As he wrote, he thought about the morning report.

'Just another report about our leader, why is he trying to reassure the public about what happened a month ago?' He stopped for a few seconds to adjust his glasses before continuing his work again. The sound of his fast typing echoed through the morning halls, mixed with the soft hum of the lights and computers along with the rain outside. His favorite background noise was however broken by the sounds of someone entering the room from the front door. Sighing, he turned in his chair to look at whomever it was, but before he could see their faces, he immediately knew who they were.

"Good morning Jorgen! Me and Yuki were just stopping by to grab our reports since we both have a psychic exam later today." He intensely stared at both of them for a good solid second, before letting out a sigh. "Good morning to you both...How was it last night? You and Yuki were pretty smashed after the little party you had going on," he said playfully while grabbing some papers and placing them in a neat stack. "Well...nothing happened if that's what you mean" Aria said, looking away and tapping her foot.

Jorgen just shrugged and then turned in the chair to start printing out their reports. Waiting in the silence that followed his comment, he took a look back at the two for a moment and then said, "Sorry, I understand that it's not like that. In any case I hope that Kami in particular is prepared for today, Professor Alfred recently hasn't been...an easy fellow to get along with for whatever reason." Yuki was looking at the floor, still processing the words Aria said to her earlier that morning.

Seeing as they were both in a different state of mind, he shrugged again and then grabbed their printed reports. However, he had to scan them and then sign them before that, however the stack of files next to him looked daunting. "Give me a minute, I'm sorting papers and submitting stuff to the database, sorry for the wait." After saying that, he heard Aria say something back to him about his process, but he brushed it off so he can get back to his work on trying to clean up the mess that Dexter had left. 'I really should get this done so I can sleep...' He told himself as he typed more stuff into the computer.

On the off-hand, he grabbed the files that Aria and Yuki needed. He yawned as he pressed the finish command on the computer. The printer chugged to life and finally printed a few more papers for their report, filtering into two neat sheets of paper. He grabbed them mid-yawn and then signed them, before then pressing a stamp. "Here's both of your reports, I hope both of you do well in your exams today." Yuki bowed while Aria just simply waved. He was pretty sure Aria said 'these look fine to me' or something, but he really didn't care.

"Thank you Jorgen, we'll be on our way before the rain gets any harder," Aria said, grabbing Yuki's arm to guide her along. Jorgen watched as Yuki and Aria left, but didn't say anything or fuss about Aria's need to be attached to Yuki. Intrigued, he jotted down a note about them, noting that for some reason, Aria seemed more attached in the way that it gave her energy? In any case, Jorgen felt tired from the night; mostly because one dorm got sick from ill-cooked foods made by a substitute cook. After that whole thing, he had to order the contaminate team to clean up the stains in the carpets left by the ill-students.