Chapter 8

Jacob never showed his face for two more days, which meant I only had five days left until I was long gone from this place. And I actually wanted to stay and learn more from Jacob. When he showed up, he ignored me completely, hanging out with the Elite Society members. He seemed to be avoiding me, ditching most of his classes that were with me or sitting somewhere else. On the third day, I got the courage to go up to him.

"We need to talk," I walk up to Jacob in the morning. He looks fine and dandy as he eats breakfast with the other "cool kids." I usually eat in my room but today I make an exception and head inside the cafetaria.

"Sure," Jacob grins and waits for me to speak. The other students stop eating and stare at me. Most of them probably think I'm challenging the Elites, or they must be stunned that I speak English, or that I dare to walk within five feet of them.

"Why, if it isn't the Nerd," Wren sneers unpleasantly. The others laugh as if she said the most hilarious joke ever. She scoots closer to Jacob, who I can see is discreetly bothered by her touchiness.

I ignore her.

"Jacob. Alone." I cross my arms tightly, trying to calm down my urge to punch Wren. I'm calm most of the time but Wren just makes me want to drop kick her ass to China. It must be her snotty attitude towards the "lower class students."

"This is a free country. Speak now or forever hold your peace," Wren smirks. For someone who is smart, she is quite dense. How is this even a burn. Whatever. The other students collectively say,"Oooooh. Burn."

"Wren," I flash a smile as fake as her boobs. "Shut the fuck up and let me talk to Jacob."

"You bitch." Wren stares at me incredously. I don't think anyone has ever talked back to her. Wren is about to stand up, but her brother James pulls her down.

"Get your hands off me!" She shreeks to James, who backs away at her furious stare.

Jacob just sits back and smirks, watching everything happen. That bastard. What happened to him? He seems cold and distant. Is this because of that guy with the emerald eyes.

"Cat fight. Fight. Fight. Fight!" Chants begin. Chairs scrape against the floor as some people begin to crowd around us. I guess they are so eager they forget how scary the Wellington twins can be, or any of the Elites can be.

"Whatever," I shrug. I tried to talk to Jacob. It didn't work. I'll get my way eventually. This was a stupid decision anyways. I should have dont it discreetly. I turn around and leave the cafetaria, roughly shoving the students away. They try to keep me in the circle. Well, they will regret that.

"Chicken!" Someone shouts.

"Wuss!" Another shouts.

I grit my teeth and keep shoving my way past everyone.

"Hey!" Someone grunts as I shove him aside.

I reenter my dorm and slide down my door. I glance at my calendar. Four days. I only have four days.

Knock! Knock!

Someone knocks on the door, but I ignore the person.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

The knocks become impatient.

"I know you're in there Shay!" Jacob's muffled voice shouts.

"What the fuck do you want?" Some of my italian accent is heard as I shout back angrily.

"Open the door! Let me talk to you!" There is a sense of urgency in his voice.

I reluctantly open the door and let him in. He barges in and glances around my room.