Chapter 34

"What are you doing?" I stare at Sky.

"Getting into the car?" Sky stares back at me before opening the passenger seat and sitting down.

"Yeah, you're not coming." I sit in the driver's seat and shake my head.

"Yes, I am." He glares at me.

"You are not." I glare right back.

"You need me and this argument is just wasting your precious time." He shuts his door with a bang before focusing on his laptop. "Well, are you going to start driving?" His smartass tone makes me want to grab his laptop and fling it outside the window. Knowing him, he'd probably fling me out of the window too. The laptop is his baby, his treasure, his prized possession. Yada, yada, yada.

"Um, no i do not need your presence. You should just stay here as you manage the traffic lights and whatever you do with those hacking skills." He doesn't understand why it's important for him to stay here. Who knows what may happen to him if he comes? What if someone happens to be accompanying Jacob? What if that someone is a very dangerous someone?

Yeah, I'm not going to get Sky into harm's way.

"If you don't let me come, then I shall not help you." Really. He's going to pull that card?

"Fine." I frown and start the car. I'm not happy, but I know Sky can be as stubborn as me.

He smiles triumphantly. "You know, I am not as harmless as you think. I can take care of myself quite well. I took some Brazilian Jiu-jitsu classes at the local gym twice a week for the past few years."

"Oh really now?" I glance at his frame before watching the street again. "And have you actually fought someone without gloves?"

"Yes, so I am quite capable..." At my second question, his voice hesitates. "Well, no. However,..."

"Yeah, it's different without gloves and instructors." I interrupt him.

"I still know how to fight though." He argues.

"Yeah, we shall get back on that subject as soon as I grab Jacob." I nod. "Guide me through your brain."

By this, I mean his hacker brain. He is currently turning all of the traffic lights in my direction green. However, I feel like he will be cutting it really close as some of the green lights turn green too suddenly. The other cars nearby almost collide with my car multiple times.

"Sorry. Somebody was distracting me." He smirks.

"Shouldn't we just take the freeway?" I glance at him.

"We could, but it's difficult to change the traffic lights on the freeway when there aren't any lights to change." There goes his smartass tone.