Opening: Identity by Mikio Sakai

(Instrumental)

An overhead view of GEN Academy that gets gradually closer to the school rooftop where Takanori Yuuto is standing, facing away. He turns around, lights flashing on him, and the title "Cardfight!! Vanguard: Generations" appears.

Takami o mezasu no sa a brave new world
Aiming for a new height: a brave new world

In E Class's classroom, Takanori Yuuto, Kazuraba Yukina and Ishima Akihiro are standing at a desk, with their homeroom teacher Chabashira Shizuka standing at the back. Takanori is at the back, Kazuraba is in the middle, and Ishima is at the front.

Jounetsu no kissaki de
With the tips of passion

In D Class's classroom, Zyriot Feirbuster, Satou Ishigami and Takemoto Gentarou are standing at a desk, with their homeroom teacher Mikazuchi Ryuzaki standing at the front. Zyriot is at the front, Satou is at the back and Takemoto is in the middle.

Kono basho ni kizamu no wa it's my soul
In this place I'll engrave my soul

In C Class's classroom, Kinoshita Suzune, Ikeda Arata and Shibata Harutaka are standing at a desk, with their homeroom teacher Akusa Riku standing in the middle. Kinoshita is at the middle, Ikeda is at the front, and Shibata is at the back.

Dare ni mo furesasenai identity
I won't allow anyone to touch my identity

In B Class's classroom, Ichinose Natsumi, Machida Kouta and Kirishima Katsu are standing at a desk, with their homeroom teacher Toujou Tokuko standing in the middle. Ichinose and Machida are at the front, and Kirishima is at the back.

Kyoumei shite ku kodou
Our hearts beat in resonance

In A Class's classroom, Ryouta Hane, Yogen Emica and Megami Mizuki are standing at a desk, with their homeroom teacher Hiden Mumei standing at the front. Ryouta is at the front, Yogen is at the back, and Megami is in the middle.

Unmei wa kono isshun de kimaru darou
Our fate will be decided in this very instant

Going from bottom to top is the appearance of the Royalty. It starts with Shinsei Ken, goes up to Hagane Kimeru, goes up to Hina Hikari, goes up to Satsubatsu Himura, finally ending on Kishou Arashi, who stretches out his hand and closes it, turning everything black.

Kakugo o waraeba ii
They can laugh at our resolve

Takanori is facing off against Mikazuchi Kaido. Takanori turns into Eradicator, Gauntlet Buster Dragon, and Mikazuchi turns into Ice Prison Necromancer, Cocytus.

Ogori takabureba ii
Or be indignant as they wish

Gauntlet Buster attacks Cocytus, who easily blocks it and counterattacks, sending Gauntlet Buster into the ground. Cocytus brutally finishes him, sending him even deeper into the depths of the ground and freezing him over.

Mayoi fumitsubushi let's go ahead (Let's go ahead, right now)
Stamping out our hesitation, let's go ahead! (Let's go ahead, right now)

Mikazuchi looks unimpressed at Takanori, and walks away without saying another word. Takanori looks down at his defeat, but then looks up with narrowed eyes.

Dakara ima uchiyaburu no sa
Because right now, we're going to breakthrough

Gauntlet Buster Dragon rises up from the ground, shattering the ice that was holding him down. Surrounding him are various units looking to fight on a war zone. He shoots forward, blindly charging towards the opponent standing opposite him.

Sou ashita o fusagu omoi doa o
Through that heavy that obstructs our tomorrow

He lunges into Machining Spark Hercules, pulling his fist back and driving it deep into Spark Hercules' core. It gives Spark Hercules no time to react, while Gauntlet's fist sends a burst of high voltage electricity through him.

Zenryoku de jibun tsukaitsukuse
So expend every last bit of yourself

Jumping away from Spark Hercules, Gauntlet Buster turns around and uses his spiked forearm to parry the flaming sword of Dragonic Blademaster, then uses his foot to roundhouse kick Blademaster away.

Togisumasareta kokoro de
Abiding by your sharply honed heart

After sending Blademaster flying, Gauntlet Buster looks up to see Shura Stealth Dragon, Jamyocongo flying above him. As Jamyocongo unleashes a haze of dangerous wind, Gauntlet Buster launches into the air.

Ichigeki de tsukiyaburu no sa
With a single strike, we're going to pierce through

Evading the violent wind, Gauntlet uppercuts Jamyocongo, then drops from the sky, shattering the floor beneath him and sending a giant surge of electricity through the war zone. He is now face to face with Quaking Heavenly Dragon, Astraios Dragon, who has Illusionary Revenger, Mordred Phantom and Fighting Fist Dragon, God Hand Dragon by his side.

Sou mirai o kobamu atsui doa o
Through that thick door that rejects our future

Gauntlet Buster launches towards the three, with God Hand Dragon attacking first. Gauntlet Buster punches him mid-flight, sending him flying back, while Mordred Phantom charges towards him with his sword drawn.

Kishikaisei sono toki ga kita no sa
The time for our comeback has arrived—

As Mordred swings his shining blade horizontally, Gauntlet evades it smoothly, using his tail to whack Mordred off his steed while simultaneously heading straight for Astraios Dragon who is roaring harshly at Gauntlet. In an instant, Astraios Dragon turns into Giant Deity of Distant World, Valkerion.

Dotanba no climax
A climax in the final moment:

Gauntlet and Valkerion face off, with Valkerion using Zodiac Blazer and Gauntlet using Giga Sparkle Buster. The flashing lights from Valkerion's attack, mixed with the devastating final punch Gauntlet delivers on Valkerion's face turns everything white.

It's time to take the top!

At the entrance of the school, Takanori Yuuto, Kazuraba Yukina, Ishima Akihiro, Mikazuchi Kaido, Hiden Mumei, Zyriot Feirbuster, Kinoshita Suzune, Ichinose Natsumi, Ryouta Hane and Kishou Arashi stand in a collective group, looking up into the sky.