SS Yogen Emica: The Elite of A Class

From the very start, our class was different from the rest.

We were all well aware that GEN Academy was a prestigious academy, and that a majority of Japan's top students would be invited into the school, but for some strange reason our class seemed to be better than the rest.

Maybe it was because our class was comprised of students aiming for the top constantly. It made the atmosphere hyper competitive and tense.

We had students that specialised in all kind of skills and subjects, but the most common trait among us all was that we were the undisputed best in what we were good at.

That was our pride and dignity. Soon, we'd be asking ourselves: How can we raise the bar higher?

Even though GEN Academy was known for it's cutthroat competition, our class felt like it was the only one who fit in this description. The school promoted freedom and let us do whatever we wished. It felt a strange to be given such preferential treatment.

The other four classes were quite casual, with E Class being the most carefree from all of us. How did this dysfunctional class qualify as some of Japan's best? Why was a class comprised of mostly idiots formed?

The school left many open ended questions, but never gave a direct answer. A Class wasn't bothered by it - we were just like the other classes in the end, except maybe more dignified and competitive, but no one tried to find the answers to these questions that had fallen into our lap.

Well, except one man.

Ryouta Hane, the unexpected leader of A Class. He was the first one to crack the mysterious code behind this school's system.

It was the start of the third week at school. During homeroom, Ryouta went up to the front of class, and took responsibility for the homeroom rather than Hiden-sensei.

"I'd like to thank Hiden-sensei for giving me permission to take control of today's homeroom session. I have something quite serious to talk with you all."

Our class was well-behaved and did everything that was expected of a high-level student. To see Ryouta suddenly have an announcement to make made us all wary.

"This school has been extremely generous to us, but at the same time, it has been extremely deceptive. For the past three weeks, I have been conducting an investigation by scouring the school for answers to the unanswered questions that have fallen in our laps. I have come to a conclusion, and would like to share my thesis with you today."

Many of the students were interested in listening to what Ryouta had to say. His lexical choices and sophisticated speaking captivated us.

"The school has a caste system."

Once those words left his mouth, our usually quiet class couldn't help but begin murmuring to one another. A caste system in a school? That was unbelievable.

"There are multiple cases of evidence to support this. Our classes were not chosen randomly. The school has placed us in specific classes according to both our worth and rank. It's easy to notice that A Class is superior to all four other classes. While B Class may have their own top tier students, A Class is comprised by them fully. Furthermore, after observing and looking into the abilities of all five classes, one can see the clear difference in skill between A Class, B Class, C Class, D Class and E Class. A Class is most definitely the best overall, while E Class is most definitely the worst overall."

Immediately, Keisaki raised his hand. Ryouta gave him permission to speak.

"That's an interesting theory so far, but splitting up classes based on the skill of it's students is quite common in cram schools. What makes it different here?"