- Part 4

Taking off my disabled visor, I stared up at Kaido one last time.

He simply turned his back on me, and continued to gaze out to the ocean from the rooftop.

Unable to say anything else, I stood up and began walking towards the doorway.

As I unlocked the door, Kaido spoke.

"Become someone worthy enough to call my rival."

I looked at him over my shoulder.

"Just how much do you know about me?"

"You hate your father."

I left the rooftop.

Trudging down the hallway of the special wing, I stopped and looked out of the window. I could faintly see my own reflection on the glass.

Is this truly freedom?

I walked to the war preparation room, and opened the doors. Chabashira-sensei was inside, giving instructions while looking at a large screen and interacting with it. There was a map with blinkers and a few screens open depicting the live broadcast of the war.

In here was about half of my classmates. Most of which were defenders who was supporting Matsushita.

I took a seat near the back and watched what was going on.

"You did good out there." Yukina moved from her current seat to sit next to me.

I shook my head. "No... I completely failed. The King was right in our grasp, yet..."

"Don't worry, Yuu-kun. I didn't beat him either. He's a very strong opponent, that Kaido-san."

"Yeah... no wonder he used to be the former Ace. If that's what a non-Royalty is like, then I'm scared to find out the power level of the other 3rd Years."

"Though, Yuu-kun. What made you think of going to the rooftop first? It was like you knew Kaido-san would be there."

"I don't know, to be honest. Maybe some kind of precognition, or more likely, a stroke of luck or coincidence."

"Perhaps, Yuu-kun is someone truly amazing." Yukina giggled.

"Yeah right. I'm as average as they can get."

Right now, both Kings were engaged in a fight. Sakigamiya was fighting Kaido, while Matsushita was fighting a girl named Strelzia Bucciarati.

Matsushita was using a deck focused on Great Composure Dragon, while Strelzia used a deck that had Dailiner. A few minutes later, she had claimed victory over Matsushita, fulfilling the objective of the war, and ending it just after an hour and a half had passed.

Sakigamiya, who was about to be destroyed by Kaido's 42000 Power, 2 Critical Seabed Demon Beast, Scaredick, had her match suspended mid-battle as the wailing siren that cried at the start of the war was also used to signal the end of it.

The same announcement woman's voice resonated through the school.

"All students, War Time is over. The winner of this War is 3rd Year A Class Stark White. All students, please suspend any battles immediately, and return to your War Preparation Rooms."

Chabashira-sensei let out a soft sigh, and began turning off her device and the screen that was on display. Most of my classmates were devastated by the loss, despite the lack of interest in the war at first.

It turned out that many of my classmates had enjoyed the war when inside it. Of course, a few like Yamaguchi and Yukimura still had their own grievances, but generally, everyone else liked it.