- Part 4

I walked to the cafeteria hoping to buy lunch. As I walked, I looked through the menu, and decided I'd buy the curry today.

Annoyingly, there was a group of three girls standing in the middle of the hallway, blocking me off. They all seemed to be in my year, and wore blue ties. They were C Class students from Megiddo Blue. They clicked away at their phones and were talking to each other.

Using my ability in becoming a background nobody, I tried to squeeze past them. But to my surprise, I recognised one of them.

It was my childhood friend, Suzune.

She still has that same hair style. Long, brown hair tied up into a bun. Her face didn't change at all.

The last time we saw each other, we were both 8 years old, and now 8 years later, this is our grand reuniting? I suppose my luck was turning around. Another good thing came from going to GEN Academy after all.

"Suzune-chan?" I blurted by accident, stopping as I looked at all the girls. Suzune was in the middle of the three. One of her friends had bright orange hair, while the other had her hair tied up into Chinese buns.

The other two girls glanced at me with confusion, but Suzune gave a glare like I was trash. I get that a lot for some reason.

"Kinoshita-chan, you know this guy?"

"Is he your boyfriend?~"

Her friends began teasing her. I could see the anger boiling inside her, ready to spill at any given moment. Even so, I couldn't help but find that expression a little cute.

"Huh? No. I've never seen this guy in my life."

"So why'd he use your given name?"

"How am I supposed to know? He's being stupid probably." Suzune pointed at me and narrowed her eyes. "Hey, you."

I remember Suzune being more nicer than this. I wonder what happened to her. She's so much different than I last remembered.

"Me? Don't you remember me, Suzune—"

"Don't use my name so freely. You have no right to call me that, let alone attach "chan" to the end of it."

I guess she doesn't remember me after all.

"Sorry, my bad. I just thought you recognised me."

"I've never seen you in my life, nor would I ever want to associate with someone like you. I mean, look at the state of you." She pinched her nose and turned away. "You're not just stupid, you're also smelly. I can't believe a sick pervert like you would act like that towards me. Drop out of GEN already, you loser."

Okay... what?

I think my heart was torn to shreds by those cold words. Why was she being so cruel? I don't understand what I did wrong. The girls began to break into laughter and walked away.

I wasn't ready to give up. This was Suzune, my childhood friend. Before I met Yukina, she was my best friend. No way would she forget about me that easily... right?

I decided to try one last ditch attempt.

"Kinoshita-san! If I tell you my name, do you think you'll remember who I am?"

"Does it look like I care for who you are? What difference does it make if I know your name? Will you be happy if I say your name? You virgin."

Ouch... that was really harsh...

"Yeah, you tell him Kinoshita-chan!"

"He deserves that after calling you Suzune so freely."

Her friends cheered her on with large grins. Suzune was enjoying this a bit too much, as a sadistic smile went across her face.