Chapter 14

Lucien POV

Lucien felt relieve as he was walking out the operating room , he felt like there was a shift in the air and only good days will be coming for Miss Michaelson.He was happy that she have survived the surgery and more importantly she would be happy to know he was the one that saved her life. He grinned to himself like a cat that just stole some milk and is feeling good about stealing it. He was on his way to the bathroom to just clean up before he had to go meet Tiffany's parents to explain exactly what was done and gloat how perfect of a surgeon he is and because he cannot keep away from Tiffany because he feels like he need to protect her .
Darn it he thought is he getting feelings for this girl, he met her once he kissed her one time and yet no other woman he met have tired up so much emotion and she is not even away to see the amount of damage she is causing him feel. He does not not like to feel he like to inflict the pain but as far as his emotions are concerned he don't have a heart. That what's makes him a good surgeon he does the job perfectly without knowing the patient and that's how his life is programmed.
He stopped at the nurses desk and grabbed the files on his way to Tiffany's room he needed to check if everything was running smoothly and see if there was any changes . She looked so peaceful sleeping he thought and even with all the bruises she was a fighter and she was strong she wanted to live , he gently touched her cheek and told her she will be okay and he squeezed her hand holding it in hers and thinking to himself she was just perfect for him.
Shaking his head he thought he was being silly like a silly teenager who was chasing a dream because this girl was in a relationship with someone not sure who but she was off limits to him and he was not about to go down that path. He was making his way out the door when Tiffany started to mutter a sound , please stop and then her eyes flickered open . Lucien rushed over to her bed and told her to calm down and not to speak.
Tiffany can you hear me he asked? Repeatedly over and over . Please do not speak your in hospital you just came out of a big surgery please squeeze my hand if you can understand.
He looked at her and check her vitals holding on to her hand her eyes showed so much emotion like she was lost and scared and it was all so confusing.
Tiffany I am here I am doctor Lucien Hood , please squeeze my hand if you understand and like that's he felt her soft squeeze and like it set off a electric spark off inside him , like his body came alive . Hold on honey let me check you quick just don't speak your throat might be a bit dry and it would hurt to speak . Tiffany I will be doing some test just be patient okay , please squeeze my hand if you understand ?
Each question he asked she would squeeze his hand and he felt so relieved that this has happened she is awake. He paged then called the front desk nurse to assist him with the test and ask her to get the other doctors so they can do some test as well and not to inform the family yet because they need to complete all test before they can announce such news . The other doctors was stunned at the break through never have they experienced such a early recovery from a patient that had a brain injury and they were sure she was in a coma state. They thanked doctors Hood for the great operation and told him that it would be best if he informed the family of the progress , It was 3 hours later and Lucien was waiting on final results before telling the family the good news by then Tiffany was sleeping again he gave her a mild sedative so that she could sleep and not feel in pain so when she wake that she would not feel weak .
Lucien walked out the room and on his way to the waiting room to talk to Tiffany's parents he was not sure how to tell them this great news .
Once he walked in his sister came rushing to him Lucien smile and greeted his sister and then asked to speak to the family , what is going on Lucien ? His sister asked but like the arrogant person he is he just looked at her and told her to be quiet and remain calm . Tiffany's mom came and stood next to Stacey Doctor is everything okay with my daughter nobody would tell us anything after the surgery , we have not seen her or anything .
Please everyone sit down I will explain I a few moments what is going on Lucien said with a loud voice , Tiffany is in recover she is out of icu and she is awake , everyone's jaws must have fallen to the floor when he said it because they looked at him like they have seen a ghost. Don't be alarmed we have been running tests and so far good results , she have not spoken a word but she is resting and that's a good thing I would like all of you to go home and rest she will be here tomorrow and the day after and the week after until she has recovered but she cannot see you like this , some of you look very tired and smell and she need to see a strong front not people that is worried sick and falling apart so gather your things go eat and shower and take a nap and then tomorrow morning we talk . Can we at least see her a male voice from the back spoke up ?
That's when Lucien jaw dropped and he was staring at Adam a friend of his little sister what was he doing here . So can we ? Adam spoke up  , unfortunately no Lucien said and turned towards Stacey We need to speak now !!! and left the room with his little sister trailing behind . They were walking down the hallway and where it was quiet and no one was around then Lucien stopped and turned to his sister .
What the hell is Adam doing here are you dating him now ? Why did you not tell me the person I would be operating on is Tiffany ? I flew across the world because mom asked me and then when I got here you are no where to be found , you know what you just make me so angry , I trusted you and I asked you over and over about that girl and you told me you don't know what girl I was referring to . You made me sound crazy like I imagined her .
Stacey just looked at him stunned not sure what to say because she knew if she said something it might set him further off and she did not feel like setting him of he was already so furious with her over what she was not sure but as soon as he stopped pacing up and down like a crazy person she walked up to him and grabbed him by his arms and spoke up .
Thank you she whispered in a low voice  and Adam is here because he is Tiffany's fiancé they supposed to get married next month Little bro they engaged and why are you ranting like a crazy person I'm not sure if you having a break down or a crazy person .
The words hit Lucien like a brick like he lost his voice and he was not sure what to say but all he could say was but she was not wearing a ring how would you know ?
Stacey just smiled and looked at him like he was being silly , she takes her ring off when she go running so it will be at home why do you even care ?
It's nothing Lucien muttered and told her to go home and that he would call her in the morning he needed to check in on Tiffany and left his sister standing in the hallway screaming his name as he walked away .

To be continued