Chapter 16: A day in school

Previously on Now or Never:

It took about an hour and a half until we heard the bell ring. I was the first one to stand up and get out of the room to make sure that I was going to be ready for the next class.

To be completely honest with you, Music is my favourite subject here in school so I'm really excited what the teacher has in store for us, students. I was hoping that we could write our own songs individually but let's just see. If not them I'm okay with that, maybe I'll just pick Shawn since we have the same class...Again.

----------

On my way to my next class with Shawn, I saw Hailey making out with a dude. I guess she's moved on.

"Shawn, do you see that?" I ask Shawn talking about Hailey and the other dude."Where?"

"There...Hailey and that dude in the corner." I say pointing at them.

"Oh, Who's that?"

"I don't know. You think she's moved on from...you know, the thing."

"I hope so." We finally arrive In our classes and unfortunately, I don't sit with Shawn so I went to my spot which was in the first row while he was at the back in front of a student named, Charlie? I sit beside this girl, her name is Florian. She's a pretty nice girl, funny, out-going and friendly. 

"Ok class, please sit down so that I could explain about this task that I was talking about the last time we met which was about a month ago." Mr. Fransisco, our music teacher tells us entering the class as he puts down his things on the desk.

"So, the first task that I have given you is to bring a pen and a notepad. Does everyone have them?" The teacher asks looking into the rows of students.

"Yes." We all say in sync. 

"Good. Now, the reason why I asked you, students, to bring these is that we will be writing songs. I know, boo...but we will be doing these in either pairs or trios. There will be three winners. What I mean by winners are the three who show good rhythm, beat, basically anything that should be in a song and most importantly the message behind the songs itself. Yeah? Anyways, the three best songs or winners will be performing for the upcoming prom on March 14, 2020, and that's, not it, you will get the freedom of skipping or doing anything you want for a whole month here in school, plus you get better grades no matter what you did for the whole month." The teacher tells his voice in a serious but happy tone."Does that sound good?" Mr. Fransisco questioned raising his eyebrows.

The students shout in excitement with the mixture of answers like, hell yeah, duh, of course, yeah I don't care and those sort of stuff. All I said was sure. "If you all agree with me then let's get started, shall we? You have about a whole month to finish these songs. For the picking of your partners, I have 2 separate bowls here. One says if it's going to be a trio and another says is it's only going to be pair. While in the other bowl, I cut all of your names for me to pick. So here's how it goes, will get a piece of paper from bowl one which is the one that says if it's going to be a trio or not and then if it says pairs then I will get two random names from these bowls and reveal it to the whole class. Does everyone understand?"

"Yes." We all answer.

"ok Great so let's get started. Let's see..." Mr. Fransisco says getting a piece of paper from bowl one. "Well, well, well, It's going to be a trio and that trio is going to be...... Hailee Steinfeld, Charlie Puth and Selena Gomez. Would the three of you kindly all sit together." 

This kept going on and on, students exchanging seats while I just sit there waiting to be called.My fingers were crossed the whole time, I was just hoping that I would at least be with someone decent or someone that had experience in making a song like Shawn and... yeah Shawn. Not only that he has experienced, but we're also both not uncomfortable with sharing things, which is perfect. I know that in songwriting you have to talk about what you feel or what you have been going through to make one so yeah. Maybe I'm partnered with him we could make a song about our love story. 

"Camila Cabello?" The teacher calls.

"Yes, ma'am?" I say jolting my head up, my voice shaking.

"You will be partnered with...Shawn Mendes!" He says in joy.

My face immediately lit up. I look behind me smirking, to find Shawn smirking at me too. I get up from my sit, gathering all my things and headed towards him. As I sit down beside him he slaps my ass while I just laugh. Giving him a peck on the lips he whispers. 

"You know, you look really hot in those high waisted pants." 

"Shut up," I tell him, slapping his shoulder playfully and sitting down properly in my seat.

As the teacher continued calling our partners and trios I and Shawn started discussing what song we should make. After about ten minutes on discussing we ended up making a song that focused on our love story. We decided on that since we think that it would make the most sense for both of us, also it would be the easiest choice. Easy because it's our love story that we're talking about here. Of course, both of us would like the whole world to know how much we love each other.

"So yeah, that is that. Later after school, I'll stop by at your place to start with the rhythm and that kind of stuff. yeah?" Shawn tells me.

"Yeah sure." I say.

As time went by Shawn and I, already had a lot of ideas. written down on the paper and all we have to do now is to just wait for the bell to ring. It took about five more minutes before we all went out of our classrooms and went to the basketball court. All of the students of Pine Ridge Secondary school were all already there. I could see our friends waving there hands, signaling for us to go there. Shawn and I went to them and asked them what all of this was about. 

"Oh, they said that they're going to talk about the prom thingy and the theme. I heard it's about two months from now." Hailee explained.

"Yay! That means more time for shopping...Hell yeah!" Ari shouts, making the people around us look at us like we were weirdos. 

We all sat down, hearing all of the wtudents in the gym chattering until they heard the sound of the mic. 

"Hi everyone." The school principal starts. "You all may be wondering why you are here. The reason is because we have an upcoming school prom on February 14. Yes it was moved since on march there will be a lot of things to do. There will be no theme for this years prom because we want you, fellow students to have the freedom to get any dresses or suits." The principal kept going on and on about the rules and those kind of things. It was boring.

The speech was finished, so all of us went to the cafeteria to get our lunch. All of us sat down one by one on the table as everyone already had a tray of food in there hands. 

"So, what do you guys think about this prom thing going on?" Niall asked cold-heartedly. 

"It's nice. The only thing why I don't want to go is because of the clothes. I don't have anything to wear. And we're girls, us girls take time looking for the perfect dress unlike you boys, all you have to do is get a suite and your done." Ariana explained as she ate her salad.

"True." I say agreeing to what Ariana said. It's true anyways. All they have to do is go to the mall, get a suite, fit them and then there all set. Us girls still have to look for the perfect design, the perfect fit and that type of shit." Ariana tells on the boys...again.

The boys just narrowed there eyes and continued eating there food.As for me, I just kept quite. I wonder if Shawn would ask me out for prom. I mean, of course he would...right? Well i'm just hoping he would. I wouldn't like it if he won't, but at the same time, i'm ok with it because I can't forse him to ask me to go. That's just not right.

----------

Authors note: 

Hey guys! what do yall think with the amount of content that we are getting? Also I am again very sorry for the late post since we have an upcoming test and also the amount of homework that we have is ugh. 

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

-Shiham