Chapter 8: Hospital

Previously on Now or Never

"Camila, who the heck did this to you?" Shawn asked but still no answer. He felt a tear drop from his eyes but quickly wiped it before Ariana was able to see it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shawn's POV

The ambulance arrived and the nurses got Camila and put her on the bed from the toilet she was sitting on. The brought Camila out of the bathroom since it had little to no space for them to check on her. Teacher's and students went out of their classes and checked on what was happening outside. As students started to crowd I asked my friends to back the up. "Guy's tell them to back up!" I shouted. Ariana, Hailee, Cameron and Jack started backing up the student and teachers. As they were backing the students up I saw Hailee and her two little friends in the corner. They had this look on their faces like they did something that they were proud of. The nurses brought Camila to the ambulance and asked us who wanted to come. "Any of you guys want to come with us? but only two." "I'm coming." Carlos shouts from the back running while he raised his hand. "ok get in kid, anyone else?" I looked at the the others asking them if I could go. They all nodded their heads. "I'm going." "Now get in." I got in and we drove off.

Camila laid there lifeless, her face so pail and tubes everywhere. Who would do such thing to a girl like her? So kind, Nice, generous and loving.

Seeing Hailey there in the corner wither friends giving us a proud look just made my heart shatter. How could she? What had Camila done to her that made her do this? I just can't believe her, she knew better.

We finally arrived at the hospital and everyone started packing there things and opened the doors. Me and Carlos got off the ambulance and followed as Camila was rushed to the ER. "Camila, please wake up. I beg you, don't give up on us." I say still holding the hospital bed that she was on while running. Nurses pulled me away. "Sr. you have to stay here in the waiting area." "NO! I have to go with her." "Sr. pleases." The nurse repeated. I gave up and followed her instructions. Walking towards the waiting area I saw Carlos there his face buried into his hands. I sat down and did the same.

It's been an hour and still no Camila. While I was deep into my thoughts I heard the door open. Looking up I saw Camila's parents with sad smiles and behind them were Jack, Ariana, Hailee, and Cameron. Ariana and Hailee were crying so the two boys were comforting them. I stood up and walked over to Alejandro and Sinu. "I'm so sorry" I say a tear dropping from my eyes but wiped it off. "It's not your fault kid, she'll be fine don't worry." Alejandro tells me while still embracing his wife. I nodded my head and told them to sit down.

I headed outside to check on the others. "Hey" I say with a sad tone. All four of there heads jolted up. They walked towards me and gave me a group hug. "I'm so sorry sunshine." Jack says as he hugged me. I playfully slap his shoulder for calling me that.

If you guy's didn't know, Cameron, Jack and Niall started calling me sunshine because when we were kids we went to the beach and got a really bad sun burn even though I applied a lot of sunblock. They all made fun of me for that and the rest is history.

"So how's Camila?" Jack asked. "There's still no news. They haven't really said anything about her, but all I know is that she is in surgery right now." "SHE'S IN SURGERY?! How could someone do this to her?" Ariana shouts and started sobbing onto Cameron's shoulder again. I sighed and went back to the waiting area. Sitting down a hear a little bell from the door, meaning that someone has entered. Looking up I see a nurse holding a pen and a paper. "Mr. and Mrs. Cabello?" Alejandro, Sinu and Carlos stood up and rushed towards the nurse. Sinu suddenly started crying but thankfully Alejandro was there to comfort her while Carlos just stood there frozen in his spot. Alejandro looked at me waved his hand, giving me the sign that he wanted me to go where they were. I stood up and headed towards there. "She right now is in a coma and will stay like that for I don't know how long but let us just hope that she wakes up as soon as possible." Hearing those words come out of the nurses mouth made my heart shatter even more. I can't believe Hailey would do something like this to her "I'm sorry but she has to stay in the hospital until she recovers, however she is in her room resting. She just got out of surgery. Would you like to see her?" "Yes." All three of them say. "Well follow me I'll lead you there." They all started walking but stopped. "I'll go." I say looking at them with pleading eyes. "I'm sorry, but family members only. Are you a family?" She asks. "No" Walking back to my seat but was stopped by Alejandro. "He is," Turning around I see Alejandro facing me, nodding his head ones telling me to come closer. "He is, he's my daughter's boyfriend." Carlos glared at me. I was shocked with what Alejandro just said. Has Camila been telling him about us? Does he know what me and Camila did? Why would he say that even though we aren't together? A million thoughts went into my head. The nurse gave me a smile a lead us to Camila's room. Looking back I see the others there sitting, but Ari was laying down. I'm guessing she cried herself to sleep.