Someone walked in then, and sat at the very front of the lecture hall.

"I'll tell you later." I said. David nodded, and so I went to take a seat myself.

__________

Kate arrived nearly half way through the lecture, looking rather flustered.

"You okay?" I whispered. She wasn't often on time for things, however it was unusual for her to be this late.

She nodded, taking her notebook out. "Yeah, I walked here as fast as I could." She whispered back. "Now I'm out of breath."

I smiled. "Where have you been?"

"Overslept." She said, but the moment the word left her mouth, I knew she was lying. She said it too quick, and didn't make eye contact with me. Although, I had no idea what she would be lying about. Kate, out of all my friends, was the most open person I knew, which is the reason I didn't press it. If she was keeping something from me, then she must have good reason.

Besides, I wasn't one to talk, with the secrets I still kept from her. She still didn't even know the full story about why I was speaking to David so much last year- she thought I wasn't handling the accident, which was true to an extent, but she had no idea about the nightmares. Or any of the Argent stuff, of course.

David continued with the lecture, finishing quite promptly.

"Hey, I'm just gonna go speak to David." I said. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

Kate nodded, not asking why I was speaking to David or anything. In fact, she seemed to be in a rush to leave. "Yeah, see you tomorrow." She said, and then was gone.

I waited for everyone to leave the theatre before approaching David.

David was just putting his bag on. "We can talk better in my office." He said. "Less likely to be interrupted."

"Okay." I said, and we started walking. I saw what he meant by being interrupted when students started walking past me and back into the lecture theatre we'd just come from. "Have you seen Peter at all?" I asked.

"Only in passing." David said. "But he doesn't seem to want to acknowledge anything that's happened. Not yet, anyway."

"Yeah, I bumped into him earlier." I said.

David looked at me. "Did he say anything?"

"Sort of." I said. "We said hello really awkwardly, and then I was about to ask him. I don't know what I was going to ask, exactly, but I was going to ask him something related to what he saw. But he didn't let me- he put his hand up, and then started saying that he didn't know what to think of it all, he didn't know what he saw, and that he wasn't sure whether he wanted to ignore it or understand it."

"Woah." David said, his eyes a little wide. "That's way more than I got from him. What did you say?"

"I basically just said that whatever he decides, he can ask me questions any time."

"Oh. Fair enough." David said, just as we approached his office and went inside.

I sat down opposite his desk, the feeling all too familiar. I'd lost count of how many times I'd sat here last year to offload all the shit that was going on. At first, I thought I couldn't tell David any of the real stuff, until I found out that he was an Heir. After that, things became a little easier to explain.

"So." David said, slumping into his wheelie chair. "What's been going on?"

"What has Ronan told you so far?" I asked.