16 || The culprit

Boruto: Naruto next generation ep 13

I couldn't sleep, I don't know why, but my gut is telling me that something awful is going to happen soon.

So I decided to take a walk, I sneaked around the house as quietly as I could. I exited the house and started to walk around.

The moon seemed to shine brighter than usual, the refreshing late night air blowing through my hair while also making my nose slightly cold.

I enjoyed the slight buzz from the city in the background as I walked around, then I hear two similar voices speak.

I glance down to another road to see Boruto and Mitsuki, Boruto looked stunned.

I walked closer to the two of them and tried to eavesdrop on their conversation, "Who is it?!" Boruto exclaimed out.

"I've been thinking about it for a long time, how can I confirm if you're the sun or not" Mitsuki calmly spoke, I arch a brow in confusion, sun?

"That's why I've been keeping watch ever since I arrived at the village, I wanted to see how you would react. You dove straight into every incident and restored everyone back to normal" Mitsuki continued to babble about whatever.

"I don't get what you're saying, but that's only natural, ain't it?" Boruto exclaimed out, with a slight puzzlement to his voice.

"However, I wonder about this time?" Mitsuki responded and walked past Boruto.

"The culprit is, the class rep."

I covered my mouth with my hands to stop myself from making a sound, Sumire is the culprit to all those strange incidences?

Boruto scoffed slightly, "That's totally not funny, Mitsuki. There's nothing funny about it."

"But it's the truth, think about it. Every victim had some contact with her just before an incident" Mitsuki told him.

"You're saying that's when she implanted the ghost on them? Besides, the class rep is a victims in the first place!' Boruto exclaimed out and Mitsuki shook his head.

"I think that was a feint to deflect suspicion from herself, I'll tell you more if you're not convinced-"

"That's enough! Even so, why? Why would the class rep do such things?! I can't believe it!" Boruto exclaimed out, clearly frustrated.

I can't believe it either, but Mitsuki has a point.

"If you don't want to believe me, do as you please. Although, I think it's too late" Mitsuki replied.

"What do you mean by too late?" Boruto questioned.

"She's realised that she can't hide any longer, there's no doubt, she's already started moving" Mitsuki spoke and Boruto gasped.

"Manipulating her victims into rampaging wasn't the purpose of the ghost incidents, it's just a way to absorb their chakra" Mitsuki explained.

I continued to listen to their talk when the ground suddenly started trembling, What was that?

I glance around, not really sure what I should look out for. It definitely came from the Senju park.

My eyes widened as I see a big cloud of dust emerge, then, tentacles with big teeth. I gasped when I see a beast, what the hell.

I jump down to the walk under me and ran to the railings to take a closer look, completely ignoring Boruto and Mitsuki.

"Sarena?!" Boruto exclaimed out in surprise.

"Forget me, what the hell is that?" I questioned.

"Nue, the Gozy Tennou has been summoned through chakra gathered in an intermediary" Mitsuki told us.

"If something like that goes on a rampage, the village will be wrecked, ya know!" Boruto spoke and was about to leave when both me and Mitsuki stopped him.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"What can you do I you go there?" Mitsuki asked, Boruto shook off our hands.

"I don't know! But I ain't believing anything until I talk to the class rep myself, that's all I know!" Boruto spoke before he ran.

"Gosh, he's so naive" I mumble to myself before I followed after him, someone has to make sure that he's coming out of this alive.

I glance back to the terrace to see Mitsuki just standing there, with a white snake on his shoulder, he's a little bit strange that guy.

And how did he know that Sumire is the culprit?

I shook off the odd feelings for now, I just need to follow after Boruto for now.

Sorry for the long hiatus, been battling with my mental health ;)

All better now though, so hopefully I'll post more.

I have started a IG account for Sarena, the @ is SarenaUchiha. It's just for fun and will not be following or is a connection to this storyline at all :D