6 || Shuriken Incident

Boruto: Naruto next generation ep 3

I quickly dress myself in my usual outfit and swiped my bangs to the side before I exited my room, Sarada came out of her room at the same time I did wearing the same outfit from yesterday. I opened my mouth to comment on her outfit when she stopped me by putting her hand up.

"Don't you even dare" She spoke, I quickly closed my mouth and grinned sheepishly at her. She smirked back and walked down the stairs and I followed after her.

"Where's mom?" I ask as I notice she wasn't home.

"At the hospital, she's a medical-nin" Sarada answered, I quickly grab the pouch mom packed for us and strapped it around my thigh. I walked towards the front as and waited for Sarada, on our way to the academy we met Boruto and Denki.

"Hey guys!" Boruto shouted and waved towards us, Sarada let out a quiet groan as Boruto and Denki jogged up to us.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Nothing much" Sarada answered, Boruto started to ramble on about his fight with Iwabe from yesterday and Sarada just continued to walk to the academy without paying any attention to him.

"You really like to talk huh?" I interrupted him, Boruto just stared at me before he opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted once again

"He does" A voice spoke; I turn my head around to see Shikadai walking behind us

"You're supposed to be on my side" Boruto pouted, Shikadai just scoffed and placed his arms behind his head. We entered the gate to the academy and walked directly to our class.

"All right, everyone. From today you'll start practicing with shuriken" Shino spoke, yes, finally.

"You're all beginners but that's okay. That's the reason why you are students at the academy" He continued, I arrogantly rolled my eyes. Beginner my butt, I have trained with the shuriken for years now with dad.

"Be extremely careful so you don't hurt yourselves or end up hitting your classmates" and before our teacher could say anymore our whole class started to throw shruikens towards the target, he quickly escaped the chaos leaving a bunch of little kids throwing sharp objects at a log.

I grabbed a shuriken from my pouch and threw it without paying much attention to it and it hit in the centre on my first try, I smirked and threw one more and it successfully hit the centre too. When suddenly one of the log fell down with Metal laying on the ground stunned.

"Are you okay?" Shino shouted as he jogged up to Metal.

"You're Metal right? I'm sorry!" Boruto quickly apologized to him, I watched the incident when I feel someone coming up from behind me.

"Trouble as always" I hear Sarada mumble.

"He really is something" Chocho replied.

"Is he always that irresponsible?" I asked the girls, they nodded. I let out a sigh as I continued to stare at them being called to come to the teacher's office after class.

~*~

"Poor Sumire" Sarada muttered as she plopped down on the couch in the living room

"She did volunteer though" I responded and sat on the other end of the couch

"Yeah but she didn't have to" Sarada said as she leaned her back on the couch

"I guess she really has a soft heart huh" I replied, Sarada turned her head to look at me. I tilted my head to the side.

"What?" I asked.

"No you just really look like mom" She said and faced forwards.

"And you look a lot like dad" I commented, her eyes went blank for a second before she looked at me again.

"Did he say when he'll be back?" she suddenly asked taking me off guard, I stared at her for a moment not knowing what to say.

"I don't know" I truthfully answered, she hanged her head. Probably trying to hide her tears, I quickly pulled her into a hug.

"Don't worry Sarada, he'll be back before you know it" I tried to convince her, and myself. She sniffed as I loosened the hug, I smiled reassuringly at her and she smiled back.

"I just want to meet him" She mumbled.

"I know" I responded, she smiled sadly up at me before she jumped out from the couch startling me.

"Well no time to feel sad now, when he comes back to Konoha. I am going to show him how strong I am" She exclaimed in determination.

"That's more like it!" I excitedly replied and fist bumped with her. Our knuckles touched as we smiled lovingly at each other

"Thank you, Sarena" She all of a sudden thanked me, I stared up at her stunned for a second before I smiled back

"Nothing to thank me for" I responded, she then grabbed around my wrist and pulled me up from the couch and into a hug

"I feel like we've known each other forever, even though we just met each other two weeks ago" She whispered, I wrapped my arms around her and hugged back

"Yeah, me too" I muttered, she loosened the hug and lightly pushed me away from her while still holding on my shoulders

"Let's get stronger together" She spoke

"Yeah, together"

Thank you so much for all the votes and comments!