Chapter Five

Chapter Five

My father and mother were waiting for me in the living room, with a sad look in their eyes.

I have my moms hair but mines wasn't dirty blonde, it's a silver white blond color, I have her high cheek bones, but mines is a little more define then hers. The only thing I got from my dad is his calm personality. Other then that, that's all I've gotten from them. No one in my family that I know have my silver eyes, my 5 feet 6in height or my pale skin. But no one in my family treats me differently.

Smiling sadly at them. I spoke. "I guess news travels fast, huh"

"Awe honey, don't be sad. Look at the bright side, you got what you always wanted" my mom says, trying to force a smile.

I know she was only trying to cheer me up, but her words just makes it worst.

I'm not mad her but at myself.

"That was until I realize how much it hurts to be without a Sync" my voice cracks at the end.

"I'm going to go wash up and after we can have dinner together to talk about how lucky I am" I'm proud of myself from how strong I finished my sentence.

......

Dinner was over quick. I guess they know I didn't want to be there.

Laying in my bed thinking about my current solution. I have weird pure silver eyes, my hair is a silver white color, and last but not less I'm Sync-less. Which makes me a silver eyes human.

Human.

That's what I am, without a Sync. Well kind of, if it wasn't for my riders blood, then I would be human.

I could go to a human city or town, attend a human high school. Without worrying my rank or how powerful my Sync is or about losing a battle. I can start a whole new life, the only thing I can't change is my eye color.

Not even contacts can hide them. My silver eye color would just bleed through the contacts.

......

I woke up at the same time I always wake up for school.

Getting dress in a pair of worn out faded black jeans and a sleeveless red shirt. Leaving straight out of the house without getting anything to eat.

Lilith is waiting for me at the street corner, like she always do. Only this time she wasn't waiting alone.

In her arms, she held a baby griffin. The small little thing was no longer then a loaf of bread and it didn't even reach my knee.

"Hey Portia" she smiles sadly at me. I roll my eyes.

"Let me introduce you to my Sync, Angel." looking at Angel to see, she was trying to hide in Lilith arms. "She's really shy. You should have seen her, when she seen my moms Marwari tiger. Angel was shaking like a leaf-" Lilith continue to talk, when I realize I don't have my School ID. I usually carry it in my back pocket.

"Crap...Lilith I'll talk to you later. I forgot my ID" not waiting for her reply I race off back, to my house.

Running up the stairs to my room. I couldn't find it anywhere.

I must have taken it with me to the ceremony yesterday. I curse at myself, while running back down the stairs. There is no way, they're going to let go to any of my classes. They'll send me right to ISS(in school suspension). My school is really high on security along with the whole town. No matter if you lived here your whole life, you still need a ID saying you are you.

I ran back down the stairs, out the door and to the forest, towards the clearing.

I was sweating and could barely breath, by the time I reached the end of the forest and into the clearing.

Leaning against a tree with my eyes close, trying to catch my breath before I had to begin to search for my ID.

"It's about time you shown up" my eyes snaps open.