Chapter 15

Recaps

"Are you ok? Your hands are shaking" A boy beside me ask while giving me a weird look.

"I'm fine" I snap balling my hands into fist to try and stop my hands from shaking. It always does this when I'm in a big crowd even when my mind doesn't notice my body alway seems too.

Now that I have the information I needed I got up and left.

I felt Julius excitement as I walk out of the area.

"I have to go home first Julius. After that then I'll come to you" His response was an angry and disappointed grunt.

..........

Chapter 15

Walking into my house, I'm greeted by my "Mother."

"Hey, baby. How was your day?" she smiles at me. i grunt in reply and kept walking passed her and towards my room.

"Young lady, your mother asked you a question." coming into the hall was "Father." who didn't look to happy. I look at the man who I thought was my father for most of my life. Only to find out that is a lie.

Turning my back to him, I continue to make my way up the stairs.

in my room, i change my clothes into something more comfortable. Walking down the stairs and I went to go out the back door. "And where do you think your going young lady?" my hand freezes on the door nob. So close. "Out."

"But i just put dinner in the oven."

"So." i say rudely. I inwardly felt guilty at the way I was treating her but I'm hurt at the fact that she lied to me, my whole life.

I saw Kate's eyes begin to water.

Immediately Layla comes around the corner and to Kate's side. I looked at Layla and a small wave of pain struck into my heart. Being away from Julius is causing me pain. "Come." Julius demanded through our mindlink.

ignoring him, I stayed focused on Kate. "Well, you can't leave, we're having company over." turning on her heels she walks off, leaving me looking at her back in disbelief.

"Who's coming over?" I ask following behind her.

"Leader Dan's coming, so be on your best behavior."

"But- But I need to go."

"You don't need to go anywhere or do anything but prepare the dinner table." Her words left no room for argument.

I did as I was told. Mother or no Kate still had that "I dare you to not listen and see what happens" Mom look and there was no going against that tone.

...

Sitting at the dinner table with my "Parents" and leader Dan. I pick at my food trying to act normal as possible.

When really my mind is with Julius.

Who was showing me how he hunts. He was near some type of mountain area. His tongue flickers out of his mouth a few time, like a snake or a lizard would do. Before he makes a sharp left turn in the sky.

I was about to ask, why he do that snake thing but I was knock out of Julius mind and back into my own.

"Portia!" Kate hisses at me.

blanking a few times trying to get my vision to focus on what was happening in front of me.

Julius was trying to force me to stay with him. "What do you want?" My question came out more rudely then I intended it to.

"Leader Dan had asked you a question, now stop being rude and answer him."

Before I had the chance to say anything Dan clears his throat and begin to speak. "I had asked you, are you going to go to the subsync fair tomorrow?"  The subsync fair is nothing special. It happens every year just like the Sync ceremony. Only different is that these animals are no magical creatures just regular animals. That are bred to fill the loneliness in the heart of the riders that has no Sync or for those who may have lose their Sync.

I forgot all about the subsync fair and its not like I need one.  "No." I reply sipping my water.

########

I know it took long Im sorry but please like and comment... the more likes and comment the faster I'll update..