chapter 22

Taking a deep breath to gather herself, she takes a step back. "I'll be back soon. Nothing to worry about."

"Ok" I whisper.

She turns and head towards the door. Layla then comes to me. Lowering her head to mine. She touches her nose to my forehead.

I slid to the floor just as the door close, overly light headed. i felt hot all over and so weak. I didnt kno if i wanted water or sleep more. "Come...to...me" Julius voice felt so far away. I mentally try to reach out to him but I black out.

Dream
Fire, everything and everyone were ingrath in ever lasting blazing black flames. Homes were nothing but rumble.

The people... Oh god the people were all burned unrecognizable. Women, men and even children. No one were spared.

My eyes burned. Not from the thick smoked filled air but with tears. What city was this? Who could have have done such evil.

"You done such evil Portia"
The four sync witches apear before me. "Me! I would never." I deny fully heartedly. "But you have! I told you to control him or all will burn" the dragon witch growl.

I shake my head. "Julius wouldnt do this. I wouldnt have allowed it." I whisper more to myself than to them. We would never do something like this. There was nothing left to salvage this city.

I nearly jump out my skin at the sound of something very large landing behind me.

Spinning around i come face to face with Him...

Julius.

He stood in front of me in all his glory. He was wearing some kind of red scaled amor. It protected all the key points of his body, head, upper legs, ribs, underbelly and tail.

He's eyes peered into mine. I wait for him to greet me and he never does. Instead he shifts and lower himself to the ground. My eyes twist in confusion as a woman saddle on his back came into view. She sat tall and strong in her matching scale amor. I narrow my eyes trying to get a look at her face but the mask amor covered her face. "Who are you?"

Ignoring me she looks to the witches "You dare try to change my fate Witch" she spat. "You've grown dark child." The griffin witch voice was calm and steady.

"And you've grown weak" She hissed back letting the word weak roll off her tongue. The witches all stood taller at this as did Julius. "Is that a threat... Portia‐."

"Portia? Me? Thats me riding Julius? It was me who set this city on flam-" i was knocked out my dream by the front door crashing open had me. Reflex had me jumping up to my hands and knees. Immediately thinking Julius is breaking in to get to me. I look up eyes wide and if possible they grew wider. The intruder is not my dragon. Its four large men in navy blue and black armer. The kings colors. I pale.

I lock eyes with the tall and brode man in the middle. "Princess" he grins. I tremble back and weakly jump to my feet as they advanced to me. They know who i am. My eyes darts at the destroyed door way. Looking for an escape.

Wheres my parents?

The soldier furthest to the left of me lunged at me with supernatural speed. But Even than that wasnt fast enough. Adrenaline rush through my veins. Out of reflex, i catch the hand he tried to grab me with and threw it away from me all in one movement. Sending the very large man trumbling over.

The burst of strength I had was gone just as fast as it came. The Adrenaline leaks from my body like the air in a flat tire. I kept having to fight the feeling of free falling into the black abs.