Chapter 21

supriseeeeeeee!!!!!!

............

After my mom and I little grief party, She made us tea and sat us down at the circle wooden coffee table we had in the kitchen.

"I know you have questions and I'm ready to answer. So, shoot."
Immediately I shot back,
"Why.. Why did the King- no, why did my uncle slaughter our family like that?"

"There's no tragic story of how my younger brother was neglected by our parents or how he lived in the shadow of our older brother who was the heir. We were all loved equally. But there was something dark in Jason. Building and growing the older he got. He was great at hiding his emotions and he stuck only to himself . Only socialize when he needed. We never noticed the envy. He wanted to be king. We should've noticed the signs." My mom eyes had a distance look in them as she spoke of her family. Her face was so sad. How could I never see how broken she was deep down? I guess her brother wasn't the only one good at hidden emotions.
"He would rather study alone than with us. He trained every single day until he surpass our royal trainer at the age of 18. He started craving the taste of blood on his sword and his sync was no better. A blood thirsty pair he and his dragon Ruth. They have combat skills and smarts to back it all up. They are a force to be wracking with. My father, King Williams feed his hunger by sending him to battles and wars to protect and or gain more territory. Because deep down my father knew of the kind of danger his younger son could cause if it was to go unfed. It worked for awhile but that facade slowly fell like a weak dying crow, when a rumor or more so a prophecy began to araise; unlike the rest of the family I saw the wall that held that darkness at bay began to crack."

"Prophecy? What prophecy?" I was in astonishment. What could have been foreseen to make a man break after so many years of containing so much evil.

My mom gently takes my hands into hers and rubs the back of my hands with her thumbs.

"A prophecy of the ghost rider. That was to be born a future heir of Zions. A power queen. Her strength and power is to be unmatchable. All species will knee to her and look to her for guidance. She who ride the mighty ghost of the sky will defeat any who stand in her way to conquer all kingdoms."
"

I.. me, Portia supposed to conquer the world? I don't want to rule the world.. I barely want to claim my right to the kingdom. And what in the flying hell is a ghost rider? Is it similar to a dragon rider?" Asking one question just to open a ton more of them. Is it the royal blood that makes me a ghost rider?

"We don't get to choose nor do we run from our destiny. It'll find you somehow. Don't deny yourself your birth right child. You were born to rule over our kingdom.-"
Julius cuts in making my moms voice go to deaf ears.
"

We're meant for great things my rider. We don't only rule kingdoms, we force them to their knees and conquer. Once you've fully awaken we will take back what is rightfully ours." Julius deep voice held promise. A spark of something slashes throw me. Making me shiver.

"-now that you've found your sync. It won't be long until it happens. You need to know that-" howls from patrol wolves cut her off. Layla comes in the kitchen. Giving my mom a look that had her jumping up from her seat.
Jumping from my seat as well, I follow them to the hallway closet that kept my mom protrol uniform. What was unusual was that she also took out Layla fighting armor.
"Mom what's going on?"
She looks at me as she adjust her stable on Layla back. "We have visitors at the border and it requires my presence." She spoke so casual of the situation. I would have relaxed.
But my eyes...
My eyes saw the light sweat building on her forehead and even though I wore sneakers, I can almost feel the tremble of her body from the slight vibration on the wooden floor. Inhaling, I smell a sweet lemon like scent coming from my mom. I frowned my face at all the information slamming my senses at once.
"She fears" Julius confirmed what I was smelling.

Fear.

I was smelling my moms fear. How is that possible? Was this normal for riders to have such heighten senses? I stumbled back a little. Feeling light head suddenly. "Come to me" Julius growls at me. But I ignored him. "Honey? You ok?" My Mom moves towards me. "Just developing my heighten senses I guess." I felt hot all over suddenly. I touch my forehead and the amount of heat coming from it would melt butter in seconds.
"Baby, that would have been happened if not minutes then a few hours after getting your sync." Finishing with the stadle, she comes to walk to be but Layla sticks her back back leg out blocking her.

Confused we both look to Layla. Her attention was only on me. Her large hazel eyes were filled with concern and fear.

"Layla move" my mom commanded.

Her ear switches in my mom direction but she refused.

She stares at me a moment longer. As if she's waiting for me to explode. I must have passed her exam because she finally moved out my moms way.

She comes to me and kisses my forehead. jumping ever so slightly at the heat of it.
It was a short pause. Where her lips stayed connected to my forehead. My heart tighten. Why does this feel like a good bye?

Taking a deep breath to gather herself, she takes a step back. "I'll be back soon. Nothing to worry about."

"Ok" I whisper.

She turns and head towards the door. Layla then comes to me. Lowering her head to mine. She touches her nose to my forehead.

I slid to the floor just as the door close, overly light headed. i felt hot all over and so weak. I didnt know if i wanted water or sleep more. "Come...to...me" Julius voice felt so far away. I mentally try to reach out to him but I black out.

×××××××

Ill upgrade again as soon as this page its 25 likes and 10 comments.
Chapter 22 is already done and ready to be posted