Chapter 16

Julius was trying to force me to stay with him. "What do you want?" My question came out more rudely then I intended it to.

"Leader Dan had asked you a question, now stop being rude and answer him."

Before I had the chance to say anything Dan clears his throat and begin to speak. "I had asked you, are you going to go to the subsync fair tomorrow?" The subsync fair is nothing special. It happens every year just like the Sync ceremony. Only different is that these animals are no magical creatures just regular animals. That are bred to fill the loneliness in the heart of the riders that has no Sync or for those who may have lose their Sync.

I forgot all about the subsync fair and its not like I need one. "No." I reply sipping my water.

"And why not? I've heard that some new breeders are coming this year." Putting my glass down, I gave my full attention to leader Dan, who was currently cutting into his stake.

"I don't want nor do I need one." My answer was short and sharp. There was also a bit of rage in there to from Julius. He didn't like the idea of a subsync taking my attention away from him.

"Well, I think that would be a good idea. Maybe an Subsync can rub off some of that coldness that you seem to have grown, every since you didn't get an Sync."

"Robert! That's enough!"

"No! It's not enough. I'm tired of her walking around here mad at the world just because she didn't get a sync-"

"Don't let him talk to you like that!" Julius growls.

"Not now Julius."

"Look! She's not even listening!"  I glare at da- Robert with watery eyes. I try to tell myself him yelling at me for the first time meant nothing to me and that he wasn't even my real father. But in the end it did.

Getting up from the table, I ran out of the front door.

Julius shown me an mental image of him flying in my direction.

I cut into the woods, following the pull in my chest. The closure I got to Julius the stronger the pull became. While running, I notice that I wasn't short of breath and legs had this strange tingling feeling in them. I also noticed how my feet knew exactly where to step without having me tripping over falling branching and large rocks. Also every now and then my vision would heighten and the forest would brighten up before it went back dark again.

The sound of heavy sets of paws was moving fast behind me. How am I able to them that? I have no idea. I stop running and stood there and waited.

Seconds after, Leader Dan came riding on top of Annora and blocked my path.

He looked down at me with bewildered eyes. "You just ran 10 miles under 3mins." He was the only shocked. I was shocked myself. It didn't even feel like I was moving that fast.

For some reason I didn't like him knowing that and I didn't want him drawing conclusion to me taping into my sync powers.

So I acted as if I was out of breath. Binding over, I rested my hands on my knees. "Are you sure? Because there's no way I could have ran that fast."

"I'm positive. I had to summon Annora to catch up with you."

"I guess gym class really works then."

"I guess it does.-" he's suspicious. The thought pops into my head and some how I knew he wouldn't drops this. "-Well, come on. I'll take you back home." He offers me his hand but I shook my head.

"No thanks, I need to clear my head before I go back there."

"Are you sure?"

"Yah." Nodding his head. Annora turns and run in the direction they came. As soon as they were out of sight, a strong wind hits. Looking up, I seen the dark shape of Julius.

Smiling, I walk to where the trees thinned out to give more room for him to land.

Once on the ground he immediately wraps his body around me. Acting as a shield. There was no way I was able to get out or anybody getting in, without him noticing.

Bring his large head down. He touches his forehead with mine and kept it there while breathing in my scent. "I miss you too." Joy shoots through our link as I said that.

##########

I hope you all liked it. Please remember to like and comment....