"How are you not? I'm freezing my ass off."

He laughed quietly, and Frank nudged him with his shoulder. "My body gets cold, but I don't feel it."

"What do you mean?" Frank furrowed his brows.

Gerard took his hand out of his pocket. "Here." He pressed it to Frank's cheek, causing him to jump back. His hand was a literally a block of ice, but bright red and purple.

"Holy shit." He took Gerard's hand in both of his own, trying to get it warm as he was afraid it might actually fall off due to frostbite if he didn't. "That's fucking freeing."

Gerard smiled, gaze flicking towards their hands before back to the road. "Shall we cross?"

"Yup."

They didn't bother looking both ways and relied on their hearing instead. Luckily, neither of them got run over and they speed walked across safely. Frank's house wasn't too far from the centre of town, and it only took a little over fifteen minutes to get there. However, with the snow pelting against them, it felt like much longer.

"Where do you want to go first?" Gerard asked as he stared at all the different neon signs flashing in the darkness.

For the festive holiday, there were fairy lights strung from shop to shop, complete with little trees decorated with tinsel, which were stood outside a few of them -well, some of them had toppled over.

They wandered in to the shopping centre, being greeted by reindeer, a Santa and a sled hanging from the ceiling. Honestly, Frank was a little scared to walk underneath it in case it dropped and squashed him, but he wasn't about to admit that to Gerard.

Besides oh my God I'm out with Gerard spinning around in his head, there were also the dreaded thoughts of what if we get caught? What if someone from school sees us? What if another teacher from school sees us? What if Gerard's boyfriend sees us? Though he wasn't too worried about that last one because surely Bert would know where Gerard was on Christmas Eve?

"What's wrong?" Gerard questioned, somewhat worried about Frank's stern expression.

"What?" Frank shook his head. "Nothing. I'm just. . . Thinking of where we should go."

Gerard didn't buy it. He read Frank's mind. "I'm a little worried, too, you know? I mean, we should be fine. . . I think. I'm not clear on the rules of student-teacher relationships."

"Me neither." Frank swallowed the lump in his throat. "We should be fine." He voiced more to himself to settle his hyperactive nerves.

He scanned the shopping centre, briefly forgetting about his anxieties when he saw a tunnel. It was one of those ones that have fairy lights on the walls and the top, intended to allow the customer to see what the fairy lights look like lit up and in use, but Frank just loved to wander through them because they were so pretty.

"Look!" He beamed, grabbing Gerard's hand to pull him towards it. Frank ignored the puzzled expression on the salesman's face when they ran in, and headed straight for the flashing lights.

Gerard grinned, picking a small glowing decorative reindeer off of a shelf. "This is cute."

Frank turned to look at him. The coloured lights reflected in Gerard's eyes, casting patterns on his face, and Frank just smiled. "Yeah," He muttered, "Cute."

Gerard swapped the reindeer for a snowman. "I shouldn't be allowed to have a bank account. I'd buy everything here."

"That's the fun part of Christmas, though, you get to spend money on pointless festive things because they're cool."