Chapter 13: The Ninja Strike Back

Discovering the Land Bounty was quite the task for the Ninja, who were now seeking to help Lloyd defeat The Ice Emperor at his castle. What an even bigger task was getting the bounty working again, thankfully, Nya had managed to fix it and they were on the road again ...Or rather, on the ice again.

Jay was showing Krag the Yeti a video game built into The Land Bounty, since gaming was what they would do on their day off. "This is a built-in, dire classic, Krag! So pay attention! We're talking Golden Age here. It's called Lava Zombies and you need major skills to beat this game, which I luckily have." Jay said with a chuckle. "Watch and learn."

Krag actually began to show interest in what game Jay was playing, he had never played nor seen a video game before. Curious, he pushed Jay out of the way and began playing himself.

"No, n—you gotta wait until I lose! It's my turn!" Jay cried, trying to push Krag out of the way, but to no avail. "You gotta wait, Krag!!"

Cole chuckled. "I don't think he understands, Jay. Or maybe he just doesn't care."

Jay huffed. "Well, tell him it's my turn!"

"I don't speak yeti and can I point out you're trying to reason with an eight-foot tall creature who could pancake you with his foot?" Cole said with a mischievous smirk.

Jay then realizes what Cole is saying and turns to look at Krag, who growls at him, as if warning him to let him keep playing. "Good point. Your turn, Krag." Jay said, a bit nervous as he slowly backed up and let the last of the yetis play around in their video game.

Meanwhile, Kai and Nya were driving the Land Bounty, seeing nothing but ice...ice ...ice...and more ice. Until, Kai noticed something up ahead...Something that looked like a building or home. "Hey, sis. What's that?"

Nya squinted her eyes. "Something ahead. Some sort of structure." As they got closer, she gasped. "...That's it. That's The Ice Emperor's Castle."

Kai chuckled. "Yeah, that definitely looks like a spooky castle where an evil Ice Emperor would live."

"Better tell the others."

Kai nodded and then turned to the others. "Guys, buckle up. We're close."

Jay quickly sits down, mentally preparing himself for the fight against The Ice Emperor. He had fought many things before, but this was new. Djinns, time travelers, snake people, ghosts, and even a biker cult. But an emperor? That was new.

Cole walked up to Krag. "Krag, you gotta stop playing. We gotta get in our seats." He said, but Krag just ignored him. "Krag!" Cole cried out, appearing in front of the yeti. Krag growled and tried to move Cole out of the way of the screen so he could keep playing. "Don't you growl at me! That is unacceptable!! You want me to revoke your video game privileges!?"

Krag whimpered and rapidly shook his head.

"Okay, then." He then points to his seat and Krag sits down, grumbling.

The Land Bounty continues to drive toward the castle, passing by a mountain of snow, which was new considering the only sights to see were ice and ice. But, as they passed by, there was a low growl coming from underneath the snow...And then suddenly, Boreal awakens from his slumber and flies into the air.

Nya then noticed something on the bounty's detection system. "Got something on radar. Something big, and it's moving fast."

Kai frowned. "What? What is it?"

"Well, it isn't a welcoming committee."

"I'm on it!" Kai cried as he rushed outside and threw on his ninja hood, eventually jumping onto the seat of the built in cannon on the Land Bounty. He aims the cannon, but sees...nothing. Until, out of nowhere, Boreal roars out and flies over them. "Incoming!" Kai cried out and quickly fired a blast from the cannon at Boreal. The Ice Dragon roared in pain and then dived for them, blasting out ice.