Chapter 5: Secret Of Red

After the Titan Mech had won its epic battle against the giant eagle, Lloyd and Red continued to travel to the Castle of Ice, the domain of The Ice Emperor and where Zane was being held prisoner. But, on their way, Lloyd continued to tell his new companion and ally the story of his life, and had gotten to a particularly interesting bit about his life, the time where The Sons of Garmadon had attacked Ninjago.

"And they called themselves the "Sons of Garmadon." And they had this creepy symbol that looked like my father ." Lloyd explained. "As soon as I saw it, I knew it. Here we go again. I actually first found it on this really quiet and creepy biker swordsman, who actually took down my friend Zane since he said was he was a nindroid too!" Then, Lloyd sighed. "I just have the worst luck. There was also this girl named Harumi. And I really thought she liked me, but I found out she was just pretending. She only wanted to bring my father back from the to destroy us! Can you believe that? Well, that's just my life as The Green Ninja, I still remember the look on Kai's face-"

Red suddenly barks, directing Lloyd's attention to the clouds, which were now dark. A storm was coming.

"Those don't look good. What do you say we pick up the pace?"

Red barked in agreement, and Lloyd quickly picked up the pace of the Titan Mech, making it speed walk across the icy domain known as The Never Realm. Zane was The Master of Ice, so it would make sense that he would survive easily in this realm, but it seems that changed when The Ice Emperor, whoever he was, found him.

Lloyd sighed. "I hope Zane's alright. We already lost him once, and I'm not losing my brother again."

Red turned to Lloyd, confused. He never said Zane was his brother, and he was made of metal, how would they be related?

"Oh, not literally." Lloyd chuckled. "But, in a way, yes. Zane is my brother like my team is. We've saved each other multiple times and saved Ninjago many more times together, and even though we aren't related biologically, we consider each other family. Iron sharpens iron, and brother sharpens brother."

Red smiled at that saying, it interested them to see that Lloyd cared for his team so much...This was probably the only story that interested her...Although she did feel bad about Lloyd losing his father.

Eventually, the stories had began again, much to Red's annoyance, they never asked for his life story...

"So then, there's this huge stone colossus called The Oni Titan , and I'm thinking, 'What am I supposed to do? There's no move for this!'"

Red facepalmed, this was becoming unbearable. Was it really necessary to talk about an evil biker gang who was led by someone who broke his heart? 

"And, I mean we all came together and took it down, but, oh boy, it wasn't easy." Lloyd said, but then stopped talking suddenly and looked down at the ice. "Wait...What is that?" Lloyd asked. "That doesn't look like normal ice." He said, and being curious, he made the mech reach down to try and touch it before Red barked, advising him not too. Lloyd nodded and raised the mech back up. "Yeah, maybe not a good idea." He said, but then realized that where he was standing wasn't the only spot covered in this ice. "Wow. There's more of it. It's everywhere. We better keep moving. We're going to have to find shelter if this thing gets any worse." Lloyd said, but suddenly lightning struck down from the sky and ice spikes come crashing out of the ground, heading straight for the Titan Mech. 

Lloyd let out a cry of shock and quickly took out the mech's sword with its free hand and sliced the incoming spikes. "Phew...That was close."

Red wanted to believe that it was over, but they sniffed the air and then found a scent and barked rapidly, warning Lloyd.