Chapter 11: Finding Zane

Lloyd couldn't understand anything...His brother, his trusted friend, his ally...He found him. But not in the way he expected...Zane was The Ice Emperor!

Lloyd could barely mutter his words. "Zane, I...I don't understand. H-How is this possible?"

"What...did you call me?" The Ice Emperor asked.

"Zane!" Lloyd cried out. "Your name is Zane! Don't you remember?"

The Ice Samurai quickly held up their spears to him, keeping him at a distance from their master.

"Step back." Vex commanded to Lloyd. "You are addressing The Ice Emperor."

Lloyd shook his head and took a step closer. "I came here for you, Zane! I came here to bring you home!"

"This...is my home." The Ice Emperor replied.

"No! Ninjago is your home!"

"...Nin...jago?"

Lloyd struggled to push the spears away. "Think, Zane! Try to remember! We were all together, we were fighting Aspheera and she...she banished you with her staff!"

"Don't listen to him!" Vex cried. "He lies!"

Lloyd growled at Vex. "It's the truth! Zane, you have to remember something! Or someone! Master Wu or Pixal or...Kai?"

"Who?" The Ice Emperor asked.

"Kai! Remember when I threw in his reds with your white and all your suits turned pink, and you had to dress up as a pink ninja? Remember?" Lloyd asked, seeming desperate to bring a memory to his friend.

"....No..." The Ice Emperor replied.

"He seeks to deceive you! To confuse you!" Vex cried out. "Allow me to punish him, my lord!"

The Ice Emperor looked at Vex, and then Lloyd.

Lloyd looked at The Ice Emperor's staff again, and then remembered something. "You were holding the Scroll Of Forbidden Spinjitzu when it happened! It must've corrupted you! How long have you been here, Zane? How long have you been holding that?"

"...Many...decades..." The Emperor replied, looking at his scepter.

"Decades?!" Lloyd cried out. "...Time must be different here. I don't understand how, but...Zane. The scroll has corrupted you! Corrupted your power! You have to put it down!"

"He seeks the scepter!" Vex growled.

"Don't listen to him, Zane!" Lloyd cried out. "This isn't you! You're a good person! You're my friend! You have to trust me, put it down!"

"See?! He desires it for himself!" Vex cried out. "Seize him!!" He commanded to the Samurai.

The two Samurai quickly pointed the blades of their spears at Lloyd, but he quickly dodged a swing of the spear and then front flipped over a Samurai and then he landed on the ground, where he quickly kicked away the incoming Grimfax and Ice Samurai warrior. Finally, as a Samurai tried to stab him with his spear, Lloyd grabbed the spear and spun around, still holding the spear until he let go, tossing the Samurai aside. Lloyd then quickly jumped into the air to try and get the scepter out of The Ice Emperor's hands, but The Ice Emperor punched him away, knocking him unconscious.

"Behold his treachery!" Vex spoke. "One moment, he speaks of friendship. And the next, he tries to steal your scepter! Allow me to destroy him, my lord!"

The Ice Emperor thought for a minute. "...Lock him in the dungeon."

"But, my lord-"

"YOU HEARD ME!!!" The Ice Emperor growled.