Chapter 4: Titan Battle

After finally seeking everything in, Lloyd found something other than sadness...Determination.

"I may not be half the builder you are, Zane, but I'm twice as stubborn. And I will get this thing working, if it's the last thing I do! That's a promise!" Lloyd turned to Red. "Right? You with me?"

Red looked at him curiously, but then barked in agreement, they were ready to help out in any way they could. "Yeah! Let's do this!" Lloyd cried out and quickly went to work, using his energy element to help out with a parts.

He worked on the mech for what seemed like days, fixing a few gadgets and weapons of the mech with his energy, and testing out some buttons, wondering if they did anything. "Come on, come on." He said as he tried to activate it again...Nothing happened. "Damn." He muttered.

After the failure, he goes back to the hood and examines it carefully, trying to figure out what was stopping it from powering it on. "Battery's dead. No wonder he couldn't fix it." Lloyd said to himself, but then grew curious and attached the jumper cables to the battery. He let out a sigh and powered both of his hands with energy and then blasted, trying his best to overload the battery ...And to his luck? Nothing exploded. Lloyd gulped, waiting for something to blow up, but nothing happened. He then slowly walked over to the mech and turned it on.

Suddenly, the mech's systems went online and its eyes glowed green.

"Yes! I did it!" Lloyd cried out in victory while hearing Red bark in triumph, but before they could celebrate their victory any longer, a familiar diving sound came from the sky and landed against the ice outside.

"Oh, boy..." Lloyd muttered.

The eagle had returned and seemed to be resting outside, but its eyes snapped opened when it heard something... it heard footsteps approaching. The large creature growls at whatever's coming, but then Lloyd inside the Titan Mech bursts through the cave's entrance. "Want some of me?! Come and get it, you overgrown parakeet!" Lloyd threatened.

The eagle takes off into the air and dives at Lloyd, latching itself onto the mech's arm, but Lloyd tosses it back and it takes off into the air and dives at him again. "Oh, no you don't!" He presses a button and the mech catches the eagle before it could send him flying. In anger, the eagle scratches the mech with its talons. "I'm trying hard not to hurt you, but I hope this thing's a bet!" Lloyd yelled as he made the mech swing the eagle around until he finally slammed it against a rock. It screeches angrily and in pain.

Red was watching the fight, and didn't know what to think...They didn't know how to help if Lloyd had become injured by this creature...What could they do?

"Sinking in yet? I am not your next meal!" Lloyd threatened as he took out the mech's sword and sliced a boulder in half as a warning. Terrified of what could happen, the eagle flies away with a loud and ear bleeding screech.

Lloyd sighed in relief, the battle was over for now. He then made the mech turn to Red, who seemed to be relieved that Lloyd was alright, but now more nervous of Lloyd being inside the Titan Mech. "Don't worry, it's safe." Lloyd reassured. "You can come out. Come on. Hop aboard." With a small smile, he makes the mech extends an arm for Red to jump on. "It won't hurt you, I promise. We'll be able to move a lot faster this way."

Red sniffs the hand, wanting to make sure that it was off for them to jump on. Eventually, they do and Lloyd carefully makes sure they won't fall. "Ready, pal? Here we go!" Lloyed said as he made the mech lift an arm and begin walking out to the Castle of Ice. "We're coming, Zane. We're coming."

Meanwhile...

After the attack of the Great Lake village was successful, Grimfax and his team of Ice Samurai returned to The Ice Castle and went into the Throne Room, bowing before The Ice Emperor, who was sitting quietly on his throne of ice.

"Hail Emperor of Ice! The Legion of Grimfax returns in triumph. Victory is yours." He cried.

The Ice Emperor didn't respond, but Vex clapped. "Hail indeed, brave Grimfax. Tell us of your great victory, for you left with so many more Samurai than you brought back."

"It is true. The battle was fierce. The villagers have protectors. Strangers who fight bravely, but we won in the end!" Grimfax announced

"Did you slay the strangers?"

"Better! We snuffed out their fire! Without it, they are lost!"

Vex laughed. "'Snuffed out their fire' you say? Then how is it, when I look through my crystal, I see it is still burning?" He said as he showed Grimfax the crystal, showing the villagers with the fire still burning.

Grimfax became baffled. "What?! Impossible!"

"You bring news of defeat and dare to call it victory?! " Vex turned to The Ice Emperor. "Punish him, my Lord! For his deceit!"

The Ice Emperor took another breath and then stood from his throne and raised his scepter, firing out an ice blast at Grimfax and freezing the ground below him, along with creating ice spikes that were slowly going toward Grimfax's face.

"NO! PLEASE!" Grimfax cried.

Vex smiled evilly. "Yes...Punish him."

The Ice Emperor raised his scepter again and the spikes retracted. "You...will atone for this."

"Y-Yes, Ice Emperor!" Grimfax said, and then he and his force headed off.

Vex frowned. "What about the villagers who defy you? They plot even now to overthrow you! And what of the Stranger In Green? He comes closer each day!"

The Ice Emperor became...perplexed...He had heard that before... "Green...?"

"You are plagued by enemies! They rise! You must show strength! You must punish these usurpers!" Vex told his master, as if he was trying to convince him to take action.

The Ice Emperor turned to Vex and slammed the bottom of his scepter against the ground. "I shall unleash Boreal!! Boreal will punish the village."

Vex smirked again. "And the stranger?"

"He will meet another fate."