Chapter 7: A Different Goal?

Revenge...Lloyd had met many who had been fueled entirely by revenge. Pythor for The Serpentine being locked away after The Serpentine Wars. The Overlord for being defeated by both Lloyd and The First Spinjitzu Master. Morro for being denied the mantle of The Green Ninja. The Time Twins for being sent into the time stream. Harumi for her parents being murdered at the hands of The Great Devourer....And finally, Aspheera for being locked away for decades by Sensei Wu.

Some of them became more evil and wicked than they once were, and some were once a peaceful child like Morro and Harumi....Morro had been Wu's son and first student, but with the corruption of revenge, he became a ninja who destroys. Harumi became corrupted by revenge when her parents were murdered by The Great Devourer, and The Ninja were not able to stop it.

If Akita had become a person like that...He didn't know why, but it would devastate him. Akita was once a peaceful child, but if she became entirely corrupted by revenge, she'd become more evil than even Vex, who had led his master to destroy the Formling Village.

"But...Is that really the right thing?" Lloyd asked.

Akita looked at him, confused. "What do you mean, Lloyd?"

"Revenge. Is that really what you need?"

Akita looked at him, baffled. She had told him her story, and he thinks The Ice Emperor should live?! "I told you my tale, I told you the crimes The Ice Emperor did to me and my people! I need my revenge for what he did!!"

"I...I know. But, even if revenge is used to deliver justice, it will corrupt you. You'll find ways to just keep going until you're not yourself! You'll let your anger control your entire being until you're just completely corrupted."

"Corrupted or not, I will get my revenge!" Akita growled. "When The Ice Emperor is destroyed, I'll finally have my vengeance, and I will be satisfied."

Lloyd looked at her solemnly. "And then what?"

Akita was about to answer before realizing...She didn't know...What would she do? Get her revenge and then return to a dangerous life in the forest?

"That's what I thought." Lloyd said with a sad sigh. "Akita, I may not seem like the kind of guy who would have encountered these things, but believe me...I have. My uncle's own son, my cousin in a way, died because of revenge fueling him. And Harumi? Yeah, I talk about her a lot and why she was evil, but only because she shattered my heart, and I had no one to talk too about it...I just wanted to give my family and my home a break, so I didn't talk about it. I wanted to get my revenge against Harumi for disrupting my father's peace in the Departed Realm, I wanted to see her fear filled face, Akita. But...I would become exactly like Morro and her...I don't wanna be that person." Lloyd said, his voice soft but sad. "Do you?"

"...I...No...I don't want to become that..." Akita replied softly.

Lloyd nodded. "Yeah...It's ok to be mad, and justice will be delivered for your brother and your people, Akita...But revenge might not be the way."

Akita was now no no longer so sure about her goals. She wanted revenge so badly, but after being told about all those people who were once good but turned wicked...Was it the right thing?

"...Harumi." Akita said, looking at Lloyd. "You...never said she broke your heart."

Lloyd looked back at Akita. "Yeah, I...I knew it would just get depressing if I talked about it. So I only mentioned it, but never said how it made me feel."

"I'm sorry, Lloyd." Akita said softly. "Even though I've known you for what may seem like a short time, I know your story and know that you're a good person....You didn't deserve that."

Lloyd smiled a little. "Thanks, Akita."

"Your welcome, Lloyd." Akita said with a soft smile. "I suppose we should head to sleep for the night."

"Ok. Goodnight." He said before lying down.

Akita nodded and transformed into her wolf form to go to sleep.

Meanwhile...

The Ice Emperor was on one of the watchtowers, slamming the bottom of his staff against the ground. He kept doing it again and again, each time he did, the sound would get louder and louder...

Then, a dragon covered in snow white and navy blue scales flew by, quickly heading to The Great Lake Village.

The Ice Emperor smirked. "Punish them, Boreal...Punish them...."